She was already heading to the kitchen as Paulina called out, "Try not to think about the haunting green eyes while making tea!"

"Or the sharp jaw," Angelina added, chuckling to herself.

Charlotte stomped back into the room, glaring furiously at the two, "You two are not funny."

Paulina brought a hand to her chest, fake gasping, "What? Cher, your words hurt me right here," She pointed to her heart as Angelina giggled and Charlotte retrieved a pillow, before throwing it in her face, succeedingly.

"Shut up, Lina!" Charlotte loved her best friends to no ends, of course, but the teasing nature— that she shared with them, drove her to the edge sometimes. Especially when they deliberately brought up the youngest Salvatore topic, just to get the poor girl madly blushing.

"Why are you attacking the poor girl?" Angelina chuckled, asking as she tried her best to sound innocent but the beaming smile on her face gave the act away.

"You two are everything far from poor girls...," Charlotte huffed, storming away.

Paulina sat back, shuffling back to her position as she rolled her eyes at what Charlotte had said, "At least we know I am right," She told Angelina with a shrug of her shoulders.

"I heard that!" 

"You were meant too, dear!"

✵   ✵   ✵

Fortunately, for Charlotte, the girls had finally left and continued on with their days and the teasing torture ended safely with only a few blushes and curses. The brunette girl was getting ready for her meet up with Stefan Salvatore, she was already feeling all those little butterflies in her stomach, filled up with excitement, happiness and what's yet to be, goosebumps.

Charlotte and Stefan were what people would call the couple of Mystic Falls, their cute, innocent, and lovely relationship put other couples to shame. It was so pure, yet so divine and truly epic for them both.

They had been each other's first everything, really. For Charlotte, Stefan had and always will be her soulmate, her best friend, and literally her everything. They were attached at the hip, did everything in life together, even falling in love, which they were both equally nervous about.

Charlotte wasn't sure who made the first move first, it was more of an equal move thing? If that was a thing. They were both nervous that if the other didn't feel the same way that they'd lose their best friend to feelings that might not have been real.

As Epic as it sounds, they both picked the same day to confess their feelings and it had been a truly remarkable and unforgettable day for both, Stefan Salvatore and Charlotte Bernard.

The brunette Bernard was finally ready for her to meet up with the youngest Salvatore, and she couldn't have been more excited.

Her older sister, Fallon, walked in with a proud smile on her face as she eyed her sister's exquisite features, "You look absolutely gorgeous, Cher."

"Really?" Charlotte chuckled nervously as she turned to face her sister, Fallon nodded.

"I mean, I would be surprised if Stefan could still talk after seeing you, looking this gorgeous...," Fallon snickered, giving her sister an encouraging hug as the two walked out to the Bernards' cart.

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte Bernard was one of the most nervous, awkward and completely unsure people, anyone could meet. Every time she would meet up with Stefan she would be more nervous than the last.

Why? She never knew...I mean, did she love him? Of course, yes, in a heartbeat, no question. Did he love her? Now that she was sure of more than anything, he had proved that to her on countless events, in numerous ways that it would be insane to question it.

So, maybe the nervousness was just a Charlotte thing to do, like being insanely handsome was a Stefan thing.

The brunette looked around the garden she stood in, it was what one would call their secret little place, most of their firsts were there and usually, their dates were there too.

"Stefan," She called, tightly holding onto the smooth fabric of her dress, lifting it up as she walked up to sit on the bench and wait for him, "He is probably writing an entry in his diary," She sighed, smiling patiently.

Not long had passed, before a panting Stefan had arrived breathlessly, "Stefan, are you okay? Why were you running?" Charlotte questioned, striding over to him, worry covering her delicate features.

"I am so sorry I came late," Stefan breathed out, panting as she helped him sit on the bench.

"It's okay," Charlotte shrugged it off, before she frowned, "Wait, you came here running because you are late?"

Stefan nodded, "I didn't want you to wait long."

In any other moment, Charlotte would have been blushing like crazy but when it came to him running from the Salvatore mansion to their little place which was half an hour away with a cart than she had to pinch him, "You are dumb, Salvatore!"

"Ouch..," He fake groaned, "That was a very lovely thank you," Stefan commented sarcastically.

Charlotte rolled her eyes, already over the incident before she leaned to hug the dumb Salvatore, he smugly smiled before hugging her back.

Charlotte and Stefan were definitely the awkward, nervous type when alone but around one another they were usually a completely different person, quite confident and sure of themselves; which was one of the ways to their truly admirable relationship.

✵ ✵ ✵

I suck when it comes to cute romance...!

I am not a naturally cute person so bare with me, I am trying !

gif banner credits to remuslupout