Old Ties.

As I step into the dining area, walking into it I find Oleg, Ivar, Igor, and Dorin seated already

As I step into the dining area, walking into it I find Oleg, Ivar, Igor, and Dorin seated already. "I'm sorry we are late for breakfast." I sit Eerikki down and sit down myself. "It is alright, you are a woman after all. You keep men waiting." I nod my head slightly and smile lightly. As Eerikki eats, Ivar speaks to him and asks him things in his language, but Eerikki tries to teach Ivar some as well. For a four year old child I have done quite good. I look to Oleg who watches me. "Do you have a fascination with the viking king?" I adjust slightly and Ivar looks to me. I feel embarrassed, I should feel embarrassed. I clear my throat and speak. "I was just watching Eerikki. For most boys his age all they do is play with wooden swords and act as if they're fighting dragons. It's hard not to watch him teach others." I gesture and Ivars lip curls up slightly.

"I see Princess Isabella. He is a bright boy, but may I ask? Why did your mother leave the Vikings?" How did he know this? I had only told such little people. Ivar parts his lips slightly and I place my hands to my lap. "My mother and her mother left the viking settlement they were in. They had fled to Italia where my mother met my father at a very young age. His parents had come to love her and decided that is who she would marry.." I clench my fists. "But, how did you know this King Oleg?" He lets out a laugh and drinks his mead. "I have my ways." I nod and smile lightly.

I look down to my lap and Dorin Speaks. "King Oleg, we need to know your plans so we can take them back to my brother. As well as what we would retrieve from helping you." Oleg adjusts in his chair and hums. "Like I said. We are wanting to raid Scandinavia for my dear friend Ivar." He says and stands. "You would have gold and jewels of course." I look up at what he speaks of and furrow my brows. "Your brother would be a rich man." Ivar looks to Oleg and Oleg to him. "Isn't that right Ivar?" He takes in a breath and nods once with a forced smile.

I purse my lips and Eerikki moves from the table. I lean in as he cups his hand around my ear. "Toys.." he whispers into my ear and then looks to me. I look to Igor and nod once with a soft smile. I kiss Eerikki's head and he runs off with Igor. I watch them run off and bite at my lip, I look back to Ivar and he has this expression on his face that could make me melt like gold over a hot fire.