Discovering Love.

The day was short, I lay beside Cedric who speaks of his childhood

The day was short, I lay beside Cedric who speaks of his childhood. I watch him and run my fingers over his chest.

I smile softly and laugh at some things. He looks to me and kisses my forehead. "Tell me of your mother.." He speaks softly and runs his thumb against my arm. I hum softly and stand, going to get the journal from my dresser. I search through clothes and find it. There's a knock at the door and I look to find Cedric looking at me with a content smile on his lips. I grab my robe and pull it on, covering myself.

I open the door slightly. "Yes?" I see that it's a servant. "Ma'am. I was to inform you that I have dinner. You were not there." She says softly and I open the door. She steps in and sees Cedric in the bed. I clear my throat and she sets the tray on the bed. She curtsies and then leaves the room quickly. I shut the door and let out a laugh. I turn back to the dresser and pull the robe off, grabbing the journal. I step to the bed and crawl under the covers as Cedric holds the tray. He sets it on his lap and I sip the wine that is in a cup. I hand it to him and smile.

I open it and clear my throat. He sips the wine and then takes a bite from the food that lays on the plate, watching me. I scan over a page and clear my throat. "How'd you learn their language?" He asks softly and I look to him. "When Rollo first got here we trained and I learned every day. It was frustrating." I say softly and he looks at my neck along with my arm.

He runs his fingertips against the scars. "And these?" I look to the book and let out a soft breath. "I was fighting Rollo and he did it when we were training in Kattegat." I nod slowly. "I didn't make a sound.. It was painful." I look at him and he nods, kissing my shoulder. "You're a strong woman." He moves my hair to behind my shoulder. "Read it to me.." he gestures to the book and I look at the page.

I hum softly.

"Today I was taught the etiquette of a lady. Prince Ambrosio would smile at me and tease me. He acts too much like a child if he was to ever get a wife." I let out a laugh as I read and Cedric smiles against my skin. "He leaves flowers everywhere I'd go. Along with helping me with my language. I had to come home to my mother looking sickly. She could hardly move but I took care of her. The prince came and seen me. He placed a kiss to my lips once I had come outside. My heart pounded. Why? He told me he wanted to marry me. Why? I told him I would let him know tomorrow. After all it is my birthday tomorrow." I speak softly and run my thumb over the ink stains, then closing the book.

"She sounds like a rebellious Lady." He laughs and looks at me. "I wish you'd read more." He sits up and hums. "For another time.." I look to him and run my thumb against his stubble. "This is to happen again?" He asks and grins. "I could simply mean we sit civilly at a table and read to each other." I roll my eyes and move to lay on the bed.

He hums and nods, looking down at me. "Whatever you say my Queen." He tugs the blankets down slightly and presses a soft kiss to my breast. I run my hand through the back of his hair. He gets up and moves the tray over to the vanity, his naked body being lit by candles and moonlight. I watch him as he steps back, lifting the blanket from my body up. I let out a laugh as he gets under it and pulls it over his head.

I feel his soft kisses run over my stomach and between my legs. He bites at my thigh causing my hips to slightly buck. I part my lips as he moves his lips against my heat, moving his tongue against the center.

I moan and grip the bed sheets as he continues. I put my head back and breathe heavy as he continues. But once he stops he comes up from the blankets and kisses my lips. I move mine against his and grip onto his back, as he decides to move himself into me. I part my lips and let out a breath. He continues to move his hips and holds me close to him.

I moan softly as he rests his forehead against mine. He closes his eyes and moans softly, continuing to move. He moves from me and moves to sit against the grand headboard. He pulls me onto him and I look down at him, lowering myself on to him.

I move one hand to the headboard and the other to his shoulder as I move myself, his hands holding my hips tightly. I move my hair to the side and move up and down, parting my lips. He clenches his jaw whilst putting his head back and closing his eyes. I let out soft breaths and moan softly resting my forehead against his. After moving for minutes, my high comes quickly and so does his.

I grip onto him tightly and we stay like that for moments. I look down at him and press my lips softly against his. I move and slide onto the bed, cuddling against him. I fall asleep moments later.

I wake to the soft feeling of a kiss to my temple. I look up to see a dressed Prince, pulling the blankets up my body to tuck me in. "I'll send servants in an hour. I must go train." He speaks softly and runs his thumb up my arm. I hum softly and nod, closing my eyes again.

The next moment I'm being awoke by servants. An hour already? I sit up and huff. I push my hair from my face and look to them. "My Lady.. You have work to do today. The Vikings will be here in a few short months. We must prepare against King Delfina." She speaks and I get up, preparing for the day.

• A Month Later. •

I sit across the table from Prince Delfina, tilting my head to the side with a smile. He raises an eyebrow and grins. His hair slightly longer now and a beard that compliments the hair growth. We have spent almost every night together since then. I watch as he speaks to the main guards who line the table. The way he's so controlling.

He stands and escorts them out. "Why do you look at me so?" He speaks and I look over my shoulder and to him. "I'm just simply staring." I shrug and rest my hand on my cheek.

He steps over and move my hair from my neck, pressing a kiss to my shoulder. "I love you." He says and looks to me. I look at him and part my lips. He hasn't said it to me yet until now and I don't know how to reply. He runs his thumb against my lips and kisses them sweetly. "You don't have to answer." He speaks and moves to sit down in front of me. He looks over the map of the castle and runs his finger tips against it.

We have been preparing tirelessly and he has been nothing but good to me and my kingdom. Especially the Vikings that farm outside of these walls. No one has been back since Ubbe dropped them off. But they are good company. We allow them to do as they please. He helps them farm some days. I watch him and lick my lips. "I love you as well." I finally say and he looks at me with a smile, putting his chalice to his lips, sipping the drink.

"When will the Vikings be here once more?" I hum and look to the dark skies that lay out of the window. "The end of next month." I say and he nods. "Perfect." He stands and steps to me, holding his hand out. "Let's go to bed my love."