Thors' Lightning.

I smile as I am suited in my armor

I smile as I am suited in my armor. My hair is braided down my back as I slip my sword into the sheath at my side. I step down to the gate as the bells ring to signal my cousin has arrived. I stand there as she arrives in her carriage. She steps out and smiles brightly. She's my cousin due to my fathers brother of a different kingdom north.

She looks at me and curtsies. "My dear Queen and Cousin Isabella." She looks to Caiazzio as he kisses her hand and then looks to Rollo. "And whom is this broad man?" She look to him and clear my throat. "This is Rollo. He's a Northman." I nod. I speak to Rollo. "This is my Cousin. Princess Esther." He nods and smiles. "She's fond of you." I nod and then he bows to her, kissing her hand.

I feel a slight tinge in the pit of my stomach. "Come cousin. Let's speak of your duties than I must be off." I step with her and she looks around the kingdom. It's been years since we have seen each other. She's still gorgeous as ever.

"Esther. You will be directed by Caiazzio while I'm away. But it shouldn't be much work." I nod and smile. "For one day you might be queen as well." She nods and smiles. "Thank you cousin." I nod and place my hands on my hips. "You're the one family member I can trust." She nods and takes a seat in the throne. "I shall be back soon. Delfina will not attack just yet. For winter is almost here." I nod and step down the steps. "He's too much of a lady to come out into the cold." I laugh and so does she.

"I'll see you soon." I smile and step out. She soon follows and we head to the docks. All of the Vikings have boarded the ship and along with my guards. "Caiazzio. Take care of her." I nod and he bows. "Yes my Queen."

I step onto the ship and stand beside Rollo. "Farewell." I wave off to the people who've come and shown goodbyes.

As we sail off and I see my kingdom become smaller. I move to the head of the ship. The beautiful sky showering us.

As they row, I sit down on a crate that is there. I look to Rollo whom has stayed on the opposite side of the ship. He's still angry with me. He glances at me and then away.

What seems like hours, I yawn. The boredom has now sunken in. I look up at the sky which has now grown darker due to storm clouds.

I stand and look ahead at the lightning. "Cover!" They pull a cloth over our head and we get under the ship. Rollo looks around. "Thor is clashing." He speaks in Norse and I look to him.

We have water filling our boats. I grab a bucket and scoop it out, Rollo helps along with others. We try our best to keep it out and try to keep sailing over the monstrous waves.

I look up at the sky and than the sea. I let out a breath and speak to myself. "Please Thor.. let us pass unscathed.. Please God. Whomever." I hold onto a rope and try to keep my balance.

After an hour of relentless storms, they fade. We have to turn our boat around. The other lost. They will be there. I am sure of it. I am exhausted and wet. I sit down and rub my eyes, leaning my head back. The stars shine brightly like diamonds.

Rollo sits beside me and clears his throat. "Sleep. I'll make sure we get there." I shake my head and sit up. "I must stay awake."

I look at him and he looks out to the water. "Sleep." I cross my arms and sigh. "Fine.." I lay my head back and close my eyes. Sleep comes quickly when the boat rocks.

I wake to the bright sun peering. "Land!" I sit up and look over at the dock. "Kattegat.." Rollo speaks and laughs loudly. I look behind us and smile at the fact the ship that was once lost is behind us but far. I stand and smile as we arrive to the docks. Kattegat is a big village. It's a main trade center in the north. Or so I've heard. I step off of the boat but am soon bombarded with archers and shields standing between us and the city.

A woman with long blonde hair, looks at me and raises her chin. Rollo jumps out and parts his lips. "Laergatha.." I look up at him and than at her. She's angry. Soon Bjorn steps up from behind the woman and crosses his arms.

Bjorn speaks up to Laergatha. "It's okay mother. She's the Queen I've spoken about." She nods. "Just like your father." Ragnar. We step to them and Bjorn meets with us along with 3 other boys. "Rollo. Why have you come back?" Bjorn speaks up. "We have news and we need your help." I place my hand on my sword and raise my eyebrow. "Shall we go?" Rollo speaks and Bjorn nods.

I step behind them and Laergatha gives me a look of contempt with a small smile. I nod and smile back as well. I keep quiet. Just to know what they're saying. It will be interesting to know what they think. As we step through the village, everyone is looking at me. We step to the smaller throne room and I continue to stand. There is other men whom look just as Ragnar.

"Christians do nothing but want.." a man says and lets out a giggle. "Floki.." A blonde woman sits with a girl beside her. The same blonde woman I've seen before. "Helga. You know it's true." He says and looks at me.

I clench my jaw and let out a breath. Bjorn stands there for a moment and then sits down. "Rollo. What happened." He goes to speak up but I interject.

"Children were slaughtered by a King named Delfina. Children of your kind." I look up to Bjorn. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't serious." He is taken aback that I would understand them.

"Why did this... King. Do this?" He crosses his arms and tilts his head. He's furious. I close my eyes for a moment and then tilt my head to the side. "Because I turned his sons hand down in marriage. Now he's after my kingdom." I nod and hold my hands in front of me. "I made sure they were sent away the way Vikings would have honored their death." I look to Rollo and then to the rest of them that are in the room.

"What do you offer us? In exchange for our help?" I smile to him. "I've brought gold." I adjust my armor and cross my arms. He nods and looks to Laergatha. "We will help." She speaks. "One Queen to another." She nods and sits down in the throne.

"You should stay and feast with us tonight. There's a celebration for Ubbe and His bride to be." She nods and holds an owl on her wrist.

I nod and bow. "I would love that. Thank you." I look to Rollo then Bjorn. "Is there somewhere we can stay?" Bjorn nods. "Yes. I'll show you and your men." I nod. "She stays alone Bjorn. She's a woman." I smile to her and Bjorn nods. "Yes mother.."

We step through the village and I place my hands behind my back. I look up to see a group of boys staring at me and I look back down to the ground.

I step into the small Cabin and look back a Bjorn. "Thank you. My men should have unloaded the gold at the docks." I nod and place my hands infront of the small fire to get warmth. "We will get it. We will see you later. Feel free to look around."

He steps away  and leaves me in my thoughts.