Childish.

As I am introduced finally after a brief breather, I step out and put my hands together

As I am introduced finally after a brief breather, I step out and put my hands together. Some bow but the Vikings stay seated. Even Rollo.

I look at my father who picks at his meal. He's gotten sickly so fast. I sit down at the table beside of father and take my chalice, sipping from it.

I look up at all the men and women looking at me to make my next move. I simply eat. They speak in another language, whispering amongst each other. A lady holds a child to her, a child much more tan than her. A slave? A servant?

I tilt my head to the side and the blonde woman quickly looks away. Rollo takes a furious bite out of the quail he's eating. He speaks up to me, Frankish at that. "So. Queen." He spits. "What do you offer us?"

I take another sip from my drink and sit up straight. "What do you want?" I stand from my seat and step down, holding my heavy gown. I take a seat at the head of the table and they are actually surprised. "We want gold. We want whatever you can give us. Or we will take over your small kingdom."

I let out a laugh and Rollo looks at me like I deserve to be seeing heretics and ghostly figures. Speaking to myself at that.

I look at him for a moment and rests my hands on the table. "Rollo. You yourself have told me stories of your beautiful people." I lift my hand and gesture to the others. "You know I keep my promises. We have only once met before. Yet you deceive me."

I look around and think for a moment before leaning in. "How much." I raise a brow and move my head to the side, yet making sure my crown does not fall from my head. "We want half of what you have."

I sit up straight and look to the rest of the Vikings. "Rollo. I have people who need to be fed. You know that isn't just." He shrugs and then starts speaking Nordic to the others. I look back as my father tries to stand from his chair which leads to him falling to the floors. I quickly stand and rush to help him up. He coughs blood onto the floors.

I look up at Caiazzio who rushes to my side in order to help him up. He ends up coughing in my face which results in me jumping slightly and looking down at my dress holding my hands out.

The Vikings laugh at how my father shows his weakness. Rollo stays silent as I look back at them. I help my father out along with Caiazzio and lay him onto his bed. "Father.. What is happening?.." I kneel beside his bed and hold his hand tightly.

He wheezes slightly. "My Dear Isabella.. I am dying." He coughs into the crimson handkerchief. "What did you do?!" I practically almost scream out, feeling the hot salty tears rush from my eyes as Caiazzio places a hand on my shoulder.

My father speaks. "I did this for you. You are the Ruler they've been waiting for." He looks at me and smiles. "Go child. Tend to our guest. I shall rest." He strokes my cheek as I stand and look at Caiazzio, who wipes the splatter from my cheeks and face. My gown has no saving.

I step out and lean against the door holding my head up, wiping my cheeks harshly. They laughed when my father fell. I step back to the main hall and push both doors open that leads to the dining hall.

I look at them and clench my jaw as well as my fist. I step to the table and keep quiet for the rest of dinner. A pit in my stomach that makes me feel sick. Rollo stands and the Vikings look at him. You can tell they all have some hatred towards him from betraying their gods and his brother.

He steps to me and stands there for a moment. "We would like to farm and have some gold to take back. I've spoken to my nephew. He will not attack." I nod and flick my wrist. I pick up the chalice and sip from it, wiping my lips with my sleeve. I'm careless to what he has to say.

He makes a face to me and lets out a laugh. "I helped you. They were going to take everything. And that's how you have to answer me? A wave of your delicate hand." I look at him and stand up. I am practically in his face. I decide to gulp down the wine and slam the chalice down. I push the chair out creating a loud squeak.

I step out of the dining hall and step to my room, feeling the cold breeze of my windows open. I step to close them yet hear a crow on my balcony. I tilt my head to the side then immediately close the windows. I try my best to undo this horrible dress, tugging the rest off and changing into a sleeping down. I place the crown down and crawl into my bed.

I sink into the pillows and hug the duvet close, feeling a weight on my chest. Sleep would envelope me out of this world.