Tragic.

I wake suddenly to the sound of a horn blowing

I wake suddenly to the sound of a horn blowing. I sit up and rub my eyes, standing. I put on the blood covered armor and step out of the tent. They soon take it down. Last night was something I never would have done. Something came over me. I look up at the boys who are busy. They are speaking.

I clear my throat and step through the people. I feel eyes on me but I keep looking ahead. I step onto the platform they are sitting upon with chairs. "What is the plan?" I cross my arms and they look at me for a moment. "I'm trying to tell my brothers to listen to my plan. But they won't." I furrow my brows and hum. "Why not?" I look at Bjorn.

He crosses his arms and leans back in the chair. "Fine. If the plan works. It works. If not. Then it doesn't." He looks at me and I nod. "Then let's see shall we." I say and Bjorn along with Ivar head to the horses. I follow and look at them. "You aren't going." Bjorn says to me and I look at him. "And why not?"

He looks to Ivar and than I. "Because I said so. Go prepare for battle." I clench my jaw and then he hops on the horse while Ivar is sat in his chariot.

I shake my head and step away from them, sitting at one of the tables.

Soon Bjorn and Ivar are back. They tell us of the plans. We all step to the battle field once more. I step beside ivars chariot and hold my head on the swords handle. He stay quiet. Once we arrive to the battle field we stand there, watching King Ecberts Army. They start walking to us yet we run back as a part of ivars plan. We run to the other side of them whilst Bjorn and them shoot arrows at his army. They are caught in surprise.

We rush to the other side and run up the hill. I take breaths quickly and look up at Ivar give Floki a signal to blow four warnings. We start running again this time they're running towards us. We do it once more except they run the opposite of us. Towards our boats.

Ivar laughs and Floki jumps up and hugs him messing his hair up. "You crippled bastard!" Floki says and laughs. I look up at them. "Shall we go?" Ivar nods. "Yes. Charge!" We start running but I jump up on the back of Ivars chariot, holding his shoulder and pointing my sword to the area we are running.

We arrive and I jump down. We try to fight them and get a few kills but they soon start retreating. We laugh and soon gather together again. I step with them and stay quiet. I take breaths.

I look to Bjorn who is ready to go. We all start stepping together to Ecberts small kingdom. We soon arrive and we charge into it. It's empty. We step around and start searching. They had left.

They start setting everything on fire. I move and sit on a barrel of some sort trying to take a breather. After almost twenty minutes Ecbert himself charges out and down a crowd. He appears infront of Bjorn. "Hold your fire!" I get up and grab the handle of my sword.

I step into the room with the Boys. King Ecbert is in a cage hanging from the ceiling. I lean against the wall beside the door.

I look to the ground and zone out as they speak. It doesn't involve me. I look up at Ivar who is looking at me. I furrow my brows and he grins. "I would like to be the one to blood eagle him." Not again.. My stomach couldn't bare it..

I push myself off of the wall and step out of the room. I step down the corridor and see Floki who is sat in the hallway against the floor. I furrow my brows and step to him. "Are you okay?.." I speak softly and he looks up at me.

"Leave me be Christian." He spits at my feet. I should feel annoyed by it but I don't. I sit down beside him and he moves over slightly. I lean my head against the wall and pull my knees to my chest. It's not the way a Queen should sit. But I'm not home.

"Don't use my religion against me.. Especially when you don't know how I see." I keep my eyes focused on the wall. "What is wrong.." I clasp my hands together.

"My Helga is gone.." The woman he was with along with the child. "But she is happy." I place one hand on his shoulder. "She is feasting with your gods." I say and stand. He looks up at me and then away. "What do you know of our gods." He says and holds his knee to himself.

"I know plenty. I even met Ragnar himself." I step away from him and outside.

The Boys have not been out yet but the sun is still in the sky. I breathe just to see my breath from the cold. I pull my cloak closer to me and shiver slightly. They finally have come outside and hold up a piece of paper. I ignore them and stand. They leave him be inside. Ivar looks annoyed.

We have finally arrived to our camp. They are speaking of York. A town not far from here. They speak of Raiding it tomorrow. Killing innocent people again..

They decide to step in the woods to go and watch the town. I go with them anyway. We are perched, watching them. "Father said it's always best to go during their gods days.." They look to me and I hold my hands up. "It's different everywhere."

I stand and we start walking again. They hear two children playing and they stop them and hold them against a tree. I watch from behind them and listen to them speak to them. Ivar speaks to the boys and holds his hand up. "Three days." He looks back and smiles towards us.

"We need a sacrifice."

The night of we all stand around them. They hold the boys and tie them to a pillar of some sort. I part my lips. They are going to sacrifice these poor children.

I step back and away from them. I step to my tent quickly. The pillar is up in flames as the screams of children are filling the air. I reach my tent but end up throwing up anything that was sitting on my stomach.

I step into my tent and sip water, cleaning my face. I sit on the bed and cover my ears. I clench my jaw. I'm not going tomorrow. I can't. They expect me to do these things. I need to leave.

I look up to Bjorn opening the curtains. "I'm leaving tomorrow." I say sternly and he looks at me. "Why?" I stand and look at him. "I'm not raiding this city." I shake my head. "I'm going back home." He lets out a soft chuckle.

"If you leave. We don't help you fight against Delfina." I shove him slightly. "You are insane. I have helped you twice."

He barely budged when I pushed him but he instead steps to me. "Isabella.. You can stay behind. Just know my people will not appreciate it." He runs his thumb against my cheek.

"You and everyone accompany me back. I have a bad feeling for home.. and those feelings are normally right.." I speak to him and he nods.

He keeps staring at me. "Ivar is fond of you." He finally says and plays with a strand of hair. "He will be upset when he finds that you and I.." I immediately speak up. "Did nothing." I go to move his hand but he grips my wrist.

"Don't lie to yourself." He says sternly and then steps back. "Goodnight your Majesty." He leaves me be.