Betrayal.

I hold my hand above my eyes to hide them from the ball of fire that lights the sky

I hold my hand above my eyes to hide them from the ball of fire that lights the sky. My home. I smile brightly to myself and climb the front of my boat. We arrive to the docks and get off. No one is there to greet us. I look back to Bjorn who is looking at me. I start stepping to the gate and they open it.

I look around to everyone in the village as I step to my castle. Everyone is giving us looks like I'm not the queen any longer. 

I furrow my brows and place my hand in the sword in my belt. I look up to see Ester stood on the balcony. "Hello Cousin." I look at her and she speaks to me. "Ester. You can come down and greet your queen." She smiles and then laughs. "You should greet yours."

I unsheathe my sword and Caiazzio steps out of the doors from the castle. "Arrest them." He nods towards us and some of my men charge to me. Which ends in ya fighting them. But there's too many. I look to Ivar and Bjorn who are being taken as well. We are shoved into the cellar along with other vikings.

I kick at the door and let out a yell. Caiazzio steps to the door and I put my face to the bars. "I'm sorry. But. You were too much of a threat to this kingdom along with the Vikings." I spit in his face. "God. Damn. You. To. Hell." I say.

He wipes his face and I smile. "Just wait til I get out.." I say and clench my jaw. "Just. Wait."

I step away from the door and lean against the all. "Well what a lovely plan that was." Bjorn says and crosses his arms. "What are we to do now?"

I look to him and furrow my brows. "Just wait." I say and look around the room. I step to the door and sigh softly. After a few hours of silence and no one down the hall.

A servant is seen stepping through the hall. "Pst.." I whistle to her. "It's me. Isabella." I say to her and she looks at me for a moment. "You need to get me out. Please. If you do I'll let you free and I'll pay you a sum of gold."

She looks at me and nods quickly. "My Queen. She is a horrible woman.." she says softly. "She bathed in children's blood." She opened the door and looks around.

I step out. "Lead us to our weapons." I say softly and we step along the corridors, hiding when we see someone. We finally reach a room where our weapons lay. I grab my sword and nod. "To the bedroom." I say lowly and we step through secret passages.

I could hear the moans and such coming from my fathers room. I sneak in and hold the sword to Caizzios throat. "Up." He holds his hands up and steps off the bed. "Yes my Queen." Ester looks at him in disgust almost. "He's such a bitch." She states and she calls out. "Guards!" They step in but see me. "Hello. Take my cousin Ester to the cellar. Locked tight along with Caiazzio. Chain them up." I say and the guards grab them instead.

I take a breath and smile. "Shall we feast boys?" I turn to them and they nod. "Yes." Ivar says and we step down to the dining room. It's late but I assume they'd be willing enough to cook for us.

I sit down on my throne and take a breath. The woman who let us free, steps to me. I reach into my pocket and pull the gold from it. I give her the bag then stand, pulling the armor from my body. "Melt it down. It will become more." I say softly and give it to her. She nods and smiles brightly. "Thank you your majesty." She steps away and I step to the table, sitting with the boys.

"Are you going to send new Vikings my way for your farm?" I look to Bjorn and he nods. "Ivar will have to." I look to Ivar and smile. "I would hope you follow through."

He nods. "Anything for you. Your majesty." He copies the woman from earlier with a sarcastic smile. The food is laid out onto the table and we eat like crazy. I sip the wine and smile.

I lean back in the chair. "They will prepare rooms for you and you can bathe all of the dirt and blood off." I nod. "For the rest of the Vikings they can stay in here with heat and warm blankets. I hope that is okay."

Bjorn nods and drinks his wine. "Absolutely." He continues to look at me and I nod. I look to Ivar who is staring between us. I stand and nod. "I shall see you both tomorrow. It's a big day." I step to my room and see that a bath is already made. I smile to myself and pull my clothes from my body, stepping into the hot water. I sink down into it and scrub the dirt and blood from my body. I stay in the water until it's cold.

I step out and pull the red robe to my body, taking a breath. I step into the candle lit room and sit down at my vanity. I run the brush over my hair and tilt my head to the side. The slash on my neck is now a scar along with on my arm.

I look up as the door opens to reveal Bjorn. He closes the door and sits on the bed. "Tomorrow. What is to happen?" I look at myself in the mirror and move my hair to behind me.

"I'm going to slit her throat along with caiazzios." I say seriously. "She betrayed me." He leans back and grins. "You are almost like a Viking." I stand and step infront of him. "I've learned how to do things." I tilt my head to the side and tug on my robe. He sits up immediately and looks up at me.

"Other things as well.." I say softly and move to his lap. He grips at me and I press my lips to his. His hands roam over my body and I let out breaths as he lays me down on the bed, swiftly pulling his shirt from his body.

I look up at him and he leans down, kissing at my thigh. He bites at the skin and I run my hand over his shoulder. He moves to my head, moving his tongue against me. I part my lips and grip at his hair. I let out a soft noise and close my eyes.

I can feel my stomach build up and He moves up, slowly moving into me. He continues to move his hips as I grip at his back. "Bjorn.." I say breathlessly and he sits up, moving more. I move my hands to the headboard to keep from my head slamming into it. To keep me steady. I moan loudly as he continues to move. His jaw is clenched and the way the sweat runs down his torso makes him look incredible.

I grin and arch my back. I part my lips and moan again. Feeling his every movement. I am unraveling in his hands. He grips at my hips and lets out a grunt. He moves out of me and releases in his own hand. He grips at my thigh and takes a deep breath.

He gets up and grabs a cloth that lays beside the bath. He washes his hands off in the bath water and goes to grab his clothes. "You can stay." I say softly and he looks at me for a moment. "And what if they catch us?" I shrug and cuddle into the pillow. "I'm the queen. What can they say?" I smile and he nods, getting into the bed, under the covers.

I lay on my back and look towards the window. "Your father was handsome. He called you boys childish." I let out a laugh and look towards Bjorn who is laid on his side watching me. "When was this?.." he speaks and furrows his brows. "It was the first few days I was in Kattegat.. I see these things but I don't understand them." I say softly and he runs his thumb against my cheek.

"He was a good man." I nod. "He seems like it." I lean into his hand and lay onto my stomach. "When I first saw you. You took my breath away." I look to him and take a breath. "Bjorn.." He moves my hair and rubs my back. "But I know you are a strong woman who doesn't need a husband. Much like my mother." He laughs and it's the first time I've genuinely seen it.

I smile and he lays beside me. "Goodnight Queen." I nod. "Goodnight.

And so that's the first night of actual sleep.