Sins.

The week has been long

The week has been long. It has been on my heavy heart. I have stayed in the room and have tried walking on my leg. It hurts yes but not as much as this. Maybe this is the crime for doing what I have done? Not staying pure?

I look as Torvi steps in and looks to me as I look to the window. "You're up." She speaks and I nod. "I am.." I clear my throat and she walks to me. "Come. Let us change the bandages and then dress you for today. Are you coming out of here?.." I let out a breath and move to sit onto the bed as she leans down and cleans it along with changing it. I contemplate leaving and then I nod. "I think so.."

She stands and helps me up as well. "Your husband hasn't been so well.. yet he has learned a lot. He has been learning the Saxon language for you." She pulls my hair back and fixes it. "I haven't spoken to him. He always comes to bed when I am asleep and wakes up before I can..." I clench my jaw as she helps me into my dress and fixes the back of it. "You just have to remember.. He too has lost a child.."

I nod slowly. "Yes.. I know.." She looks to me and sighs. "Have they found her yet?.." I speak lightly and Torvi shakes her head. "We have not.. She has gone.." I sigh softly. Laergatha had gone missing after the fight.. As well as Bishop Heahmund. But he lies in the ground.

Two lovers gone. This could have possibly broken Laergatha more than anything.

Torvi steps with me to a small room where Ubbe, Bjorn, and Jean is sat. They are speaking of random things to each other in the Saxon language yet of course my husbands is a bit broken.

They look up towards me and get silent. "Well good morning to you as well." I speak and raise my brow. I'm sure I don't look the greatest. I'm sure I have deep circles under my eyes as well as lost weight due to the lack of wanting to eat. "Good Morning." Ubbe finally speaks and Alfred steps into the room. "Queen Isabella.. You are finally out.." He speaks as I look towards him. "Yes. I am." He walks over to me and nods once. "You look lovely." For a woman who has just lost her child and can possibly never have another. Sure.

I faintly smile with my lips clasped together. Jean stands and clears his throat. "Can we have a moment? My... Wife and I.." Bjorn stands and looks to me, like I'm a foreign object. I glance to the floor as they nod and walk out of the door. They haven't left the outside due to the no footsteps any longer.

I look at him and cross my arms. I shift my weight onto my other leg the has not been wounded and clench my jaw. He slowly stands from his chair and looks at me.

I speak in Frankish to him with force. "It's lovely to speak to you again husband." I say with a stronger tone towards the end. "It has only been a week in my own sorrows that you leave me with. Alone." I take a breath and try to calm down but I let out a laugh. A light one. But you can tell that it's out of pure anger.

He goes to speak but I put my hand up. "If you are to be a husband. You are to be by my side. In sickness and health. Yet you left me." I yell the last sentence and flail my arms. "You are no longer a boy. You are a man. You are suppose to act as a man." I look to him and you can tell that's where it's hurt him.

He clenches his fist and looks at me. "I have not left you. I couldn't stand to look at you!" I look at him for a moment. That has completely broken me. Before he goes to speak again I let my anger get the best of me. "YOU COULDN'T STAND TO LOOK AT ME?!" I flip a table that shatters a vase as well as spilling wine or ale to the floor.

All of this pent up rage causes tears to fall from my cheeks and my breathing to become heavy. It's not tears of sadness. It is tears of hatred. Like another person in my life to betray me. He quickly steps to me and places his hands on my biceps. "I couldn't stand to look at you because I feel as though it's my fault. I should have come to your side and held you! Not him! I should have been the one to find you!" He says with a louder voice.

"It wouldn't have mattered. It still would have been gone." I look at him in the eyes and he lets out a breath that he had seemed to be holding. "You married someone who can't give you a blood line." I look to him and look down between us.

"If it dies with me.. So be it." He looks to me and cups my cheeks, kissing my lips softly. He rests his forehead against mine and the door opens to reveal everyone stood outside. I guess they have known of everything happening. Alfred steps in and around the table crashed to the ground. He clears his throat and picks it up. I step back from Jean who holds my hand softly. "I am going for a walk.." I speak softly to him and he nods.

I step from the room and look to Bjorn as I pass. I continue to walk and then sigh as I reach a small area in the stables. I look at the horses and run my hand against its snout. I hear the steps to behind me and the slight shifting in the wood. I look to behind me to find Bjorn. "You look terrible." He speaks and tilts his head to the side. I take it as a surprise. "Thank you." I say sarcastically. "At least you're man enough to admit this." It's true. He is the only one to admit it. I move to lean against the wood beam that separates the horses.

He lets out a breath and a breathy laugh. "Why did you marry such a young boy?" He asks and I look back to the horse. "I had to.. Plus.. he loved me.." I speak softly and there is silence for moments. "Me too." He speaks which causes my heart to go into my throat. I turn to him and grab tightly to my dress. "And why choose now to tell me this?" I look to him and he pushes off of the wood, stepping to me. "Because. I am leaving to get Kattegat back from Ivar." I furrow my brows as he steps to me.

He looks down at me and moves my hair behind my back. I slightly move my head back and purse my lips. He clenches his jaw. "I thought you had died." He spoke and moves his hand to my throat softly then to cup my jaw with his fingers to one cheek and thumb to the other. It's light. "Bjorn. No." I say and he leans in slightly. "I take what I want." The tip of his nose presses against mine softly as I place a hand to his chest. I'm vulnerable but not that vulnerable.

I try to push him off but to no prevail. He looks into my eyes and then moves his head to the side, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek. "But you are in love with someone else." He speaks softly into my ear and stands up. He backs away and nods once. We are soon interrupted but a woman.. But I know this woman. My leg knows this woman. I look to her and then back to Bjorn. "Bjorn. We leave soon.." She speaks and then she looks to me.

I clench my jaw and push myself off. He looks at her with something in his eyes. Something different. She finally speaks. "I faced you in the battle." She looks to me and I raise a brow. "Yes. You did. My leg thanks you." I start walking and shove her shoulder through the small door. "So does my unborn child." I say before leaving and glance to Bjorn. She looks confused.

I walk back to the castle and look to my husband who is waiting for me by the door. He looks up to me and stands up from the steps. He takes my hand and looks to me. "I want to be that man. Not some boy. I will not let you down like Delfina once has." He cups my cheek and kisses my forehead softly.

"I love you Isabella." He looks to me in the eyes. The same way Bjorn looked to that woman. I know now that this is my destiny. That he is my destiny.