Foreign.

(Prince Delfina above)

I sit there in there in the chair that is across from Rollo. He is sat there and you can tell from the frustration on his face that I haven't learned anything aside from hello and my own name.

I'm getting frustrated at well from the way I rub my forehead. I stand up and start pacing. I place my hands on my hips and huff. I speak in Frankish. "Rollo. We can continue tomorrow before I have your head cut off." I cross my arms and shake my head.

He stands up and the chair squeaks against the floor. "No. You have to learn it." I roll my eyes like a child and he steps to me. "You act as a child." I start speaking in my own language. "You are a brute and ignorant." He makes a face because he simply can't understand what I'm saying.

I laugh to myself and he says something in his own language. I understand some but not all. "Woman" and another few small verbs.

I shove him slightly and he furrows his brows. "Grow up." He says simply in Frankish. I sit down in the chair and cross my arms, looking away from him. "I'm going to dinner. You can pout your lip whilst I eat and drink." He bows sarcastically and I scoff.

I'm left alone. I sigh and shake my head. I stand and look out the window. A crow caws at the window and pecks at the stained glass.

I tilt my head to the side and put my fingers against the glass. It stops and looks up at me. It's silent.

The door opens quickly and I jump. I look back to see Caiazzio. "My queen. Sorry I startled you. But you must come. Quickly."

I take my dress and step with him. "What is it?" I purse my lips and take a breath. "The Romans have come since you've become queen. The King wants you to marry his son." I laugh.

I step to the throne room door as Caiazzio introduces me and I step into the room, stepping to the throne. I hold my head up and sit at the throne. The King approaches me. "Queen Ambrosio." I nod and hold my hands on my lap. "Yes, King Delfina." I tilt my head to the side and look upon him. His people lay outside his kingdom with no food and are poor.

I stand and look towards his son, who rakes his eyes over my body. I look at his father. "Why don't you stay? We can feed you. You must've had a long journey." I nod and smile at them. The son is quite handsome but I have no time for little boys. The King smiles and bows his head. "Thank you for honoring us your majesty."

I nod and step down to his level. "Ruler to Ruler." He smiles but then stops. "Yes dear queen." I start stepping to the dining hall. They follow after and I open the doors to see the Vikings dining at their own table as well as Rollo whom looks upon me with wonder.

I move and sit at the table that is ahead of everyone else's. The Kings son sits beside me and smiles. I nod and the King looks towards the table where Rollo is sat.

"Pagans?" He says and sips his wine as it is poured. "Why are those animals here? Are you finally coming to your senses to have slaves? Your father never did." I sip my wine and raise an eyebrow.

"Do you insult my guests in my kingdom?" I set it down and look at him. "Just like you insult me with the sly look of a Woman Ruler." I sit back in my chair and King Defina looks upon me with furrowed brows. "I would never.." I immediately reply. "You already have. The moment you stepped in thinking I'd need a husband." I stand and step behind Prince Delfina. "Tell me.. Prince.. what is your name?" I place my hands softly on his shoulders. "Cedric." He looks at his father and I smile.

I put my hand on his chin and clench my jaw, pulling him to look up at me. "Cedric Delfina. Do you think I'm incapable of ruling my kingdom?" I look down at him and then up through my eyelashes at Rollo. He has his hand on the axe that is laid upon his belt.

Cedric obliges to me holding his head back. "I don't think your incapable my Queen. You'd just be better with someone at your side." I let go of his head and he runs his hand over the back of his neck.

I step away from the table. "You must excuse me. I am not quite hungry." I look at them and clench my jaw. "We will speak tomorrow about it." I start walking but the king speaks up. "It will be better for us to rule together. But if you must. I will overthrow you." I let out a laugh and look back at him.

"Is that a threat?" I smile and place my hands on my biceps, tilting my head to the side. "No your majesty. Just.. ultimatums.." The king grins and I smile towards him. "I will decide."

I step out of the room and put my hand on Caiazzios shoulder. "Watch my Vikings. I don't trust them." He nods and holds his hand on the handle of his sword. "Neither do I.." I furrow my brows. "I meant Delfina.." I look at him for a moment and he nods quickly. "As did I." I let out a hum and start stepping to the room. I stand at the window and watch outside.

The door opens to reveal Rollo. "Isabella." I look to him and he closes the door. "Is everything alright?" I nod and look outside again. "I don't trust them." I purse my lips. "We need to build my army.." I bite the inside of my cheek.

Rollo nods and looks at me, leaning against the wall. "Yes. You do." I look at him again. "Do you think your nephew would mind helping? If there was a war?" Rollo laughs. "They would. For a price." I nod and place my hand on Rollos bicep with a small squeeze. "Everything's for a price."

I step to the small desk and sit down at it, lighting the small candle. "Let's study your language.." I look up at him and he nods.