Checkmate.

It's been days since coming to this damned tent

It's been days since coming to this damned tent. The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that my guards are able to come in to speak with me once a day.

Instead of asking how I am, they speak with me of what Heahmund and they are planning against the Vikings. They've taken the food from the Vikings and said that Ubbe and Hvitserk had come to make a peace offering. That soon turned into nothing due to the fact that Heahmund had beaten them to a pulp and sent them on their way.

There's smoke and burning coming from them as well. They say it could be from sickness. So they are possibly hungry and sick. They should just leave. Yet Ivar is significantly stubborn.

My mind flashes back to when he is sat there, yelling his name with blood covering his face. I've never see him like this before. He was so gentle with me. But why? Has he always been like this where I just over looked him?

I sit on the bed and let out a soft breath as I sit looking around the tent. I'm bored out of my mind that is until Heahmund steps in.

"I would like for you to Denote from your crown. You know what happens if you are to place yourself with these heathens." He looks to me and places his hands infront of himself. I look to him and then down to my hands. "Then let my men go home tomorrow. After you do what you think is best of me."

I look up to him and he nods. "Of course. Whom will rule your kingdom?" He looks to me and I wait for a moment. I don't know.. I have no children.. I can't trust my family to ruin it.. I think to the only person whom will remotely treat my kingdom with some respect. "King Delfina." I speak and look to him. He nods once and starts to step from the tent. "Can you gather some of my men for guidelines? I would like to speak with them." He looks back to me and nods again, stepping from it. I look up and close my eyes.

If I am to die today. Whom would I go to? Where would I go? I take a breath and my men step in. I smile to them and stand. "Listen to me.. If I am to die tonight. I would want for you to tell people of my life and how I fought for you and my people." I can feel my lips quiver and my eyes start to sting.

"If King Delfina is to ever question whether or not he wants to make my kingdom into ruins you tell him without a doubt that I would curse him to hell. You are to tell him that I forgive him. I now understand that he wanted me to stay inside of the castle so he wouldn't have to face his father. I believe he wouldn't have killed me." I say and close my eyes, feeling the warm tears fall down my cheeks.

"I loved serving you and my people. Thank you." I nod and they kneel down infront of me, bowing their heads.

I take a breath and sit back down. "I shall see you tonight." I say and smile softly, wiping my cheeks. I'm not afraid to die. Even in the short time I have lived, I am grateful.

I have waited all day and now the sun has set. I can see the light from fire outside beaming through the sheer cloth. They have brought be food and wine. I had not touched the food yet I savored the wine.

I bow my head. "I'm sorry father and mother. For not carrying your name on.. For your brother is the main carrier now. I hope to soon join one of you while the other watches our happiness." I sigh softly and smile to myself. "Ragnar. I have feel as though I've failed you. I couldn't get your message to your beautiful sons. And for that I'm sorry."

Soon after that, a guard from King Athelwulf steps in. He holds up the metal cuffs and I step to him. He places them around my delicate wrists and we step together out. Everyone is gathered around a beautiful oak tree. One that Odin had hung from for days on in, as Ivar once spoke of.

I hold my head high as we make our way to it. Bishop Heahmund is stood there at it holding the Bible in his hand. I stand infront of him and look to him. He starts praying in Latin and I turn to the crowd. A noose is placed around my neck and fastened to be lifted up.

I look at the crowd and keep my head held high. I look to the back as I see a man stood on rocks wearing a black cloak around his body with crows flying around him. I smile and feel tears starting to crawl down my cheeks.

I am being lifted from the ground. My breathing is broken up. I try my best for my feet to reach the ground. I reach my hands up and try to grip the rope. I try to breathe but there is nothing that wants to escape my lungs. I see black.

I wake to the wooded area, I step up to a road. I look down at what I'm wearing. The most beautiful golden dress with golden feathers covering the shoulders.

I tilt my head to the side as I look up to big beautiful doors, where you can hear fighting and laughing.

I smile as I start to walk up the doors except I hear the faint sound of praying and beautiful angelic noise. I turn to see clouds touching the ground. Almost like the sun touches the horizon at morning and night. Whom do I choose?

Valhalla. The place where you fight and battle and drink.

Heaven. A place of sovereign and hope. A place of love and freedom.

The next thing I know, is everything disappears.