Goodbye and Hello.

I wake to the moon shining into the room, the sun almost rising

I wake to the moon shining into the room, the sun almost rising. I turn and see Ivar asleep. He stayed. Something Bjorn and Rollo would have never really done. He looks peaceful, other times his brow would furrow or look angry.

I sit up slightly and run my thumb against his cheek softly. He quickly grabs my hand and then looks at me. I jump slightly and look at him. "Calm down." I laugh softly and he takes a breath. "It's habit." He states and lets out a soft laugh. "I didn't mean to wake you." I speak softly and he watches me. "I have to leave soon anyway."

He starts to get up and I reach for his hand. "Don't leave yet." I look at him and he turns to look at me. The next moment I move to my knees and look down at him, moving my hair to the side. I cup his cheeks in my hands and press my lips to his. He moves his lips against mine and moves his hands into the robe. The warmth against my skin makes me crave him.

I pull the robe from my body and look at him. He looks down at my body and his eyes roam. Like he's pulling every glimpse of it into his memory. He pulls himself against the headboard and I move to hover over him. "It doesn't work." He speaks and clenches his jaw, looking away. "I'm a cripple." I tilt my head to the side and sigh softly.

I move his face to look at me. "Be quiet." I furrow my brows and look into his bright blue eyes. "Everyone's different." He looks down at my body again and moves his hands down my sides and between my legs. I part my lips as he runs his fingers over my heat. I lean my forehead against his and grip onto the back of his neck as he continues.

He moves them into me and I let out a moan as he moves them. He does it more roughly, holding my hip tightly with the other. I grip onto his back and sink my nails into his skin. He continues more and I put my head back as he does. My legs wanting to give out.

I am unraveling at his touch. I breathe hard and moan, leaning my forehead against his. I grip his wrist to stop. He moves them out and moves them to his mouth. He licks them clean and then tilts his head back to look at me. "I've never done that before." He speaks and I clear my throat. "Are you sure?" I let out a laugh and look at him.

"Women don't want me." I stand and pull my robe on, looking at him. "I think you just haven't found the right one yet." He licks his lips and watches me. "Maybe I have." I look to see the sun in the sky. "You're late." He shrugs.

A servant comes in and looks at Ivar and then me. He crosses his arms and grins at the servant.

I roll my eyes to him and she helps me into my attire for the day. I look to him as he's putting the contraption on his legs. "Shall we go?" He stands and we start stepping to the boats.

Once we arrive, Bjorn is stood there with an angry expression. "You're late brother." Ivar looks at him and leans on the stick that's helping him stay up. "I had business to sort out." He says and Bjorn looks at me. "Thank you for having us. I'll send my people over in a few days once word gets back to them." I nod and smile. "Alright. Thank you." I step back from them. "Have a safe journey. To you both. I hope to see you soon." I say to both of them and receive a smile from Ivar as well as a nod from Bjorn.

I hold my hands together as they start sailing away. I purse my lips and furrow my brows. I'm sad to see them go.

I start stepping to the castle and into the throne room. It's quiet. I look around and sigh softly. I step to the throne and sit down at it as I'm interrupted.

I look up to see Prince Delfina step in and has a cocky smile on his face. "I was wondering when you'd arrive. Have you come alone?" I rest my chin on my fist.

He nods and starts stepping to me. "Yes. I did. My father wasn't so happy though." He looks at me and I raise a brow.

"I am still at war with your father. I didn't like his tone." I stand and step down the steps. "Do you care for your father?" He watches me and then lets out a chuckle. "He's my father."

I cross my arms and tilt my head to the side. "I hear you bed Vikings." He grins and crosses his arms as well. "That's none of your concern. I'm not married. I do as I please." I start stepping. "Walk with me."

I step and we walk to the garden. "I recently had to discard my knight due to trying to take over my kingdom along with my cousin." I say and look at the flowers that lay beside a pond.

"I seen my fathers knights head." He nod and lets out a laugh. "He was a horrible person." He looks to me. "So what does this have to do with me?"

I look up to him and sigh. "I would like for you to become my knight against your father. You would become king once he was dead of course." I nod and move my hair to behind my back.

He lets out a breath. "What will you give me?" He speaks and looks over me. "Nothing." I let out a laugh and shake my head. "I'm not marrying you or entertaining you." He shakes his head and licks his lips with a smile. "You will be treated royally. Just as my knight." I look at him and he nods. "Deal. But I expect to go back once my father is dead."

I nod. "It'd be an honor to let you go." I sarcastically say and he nods. "What's the first step?"

I look to him and smile. "Training."

He nods and laughs. "You will need it." I let out a laugh. "I'm speaking of you." I make a straight face and then start stepping away from him with a grin.