The Ball.

I step through the corridors of my busy castle

I step through the corridors of my busy castle. People arriving from all over. I look to find Cedric smiling at the guest and greeting them. I step into the big hall and everyone looks to me and bows. "Hello." I smile and look to find Rollo and his wife, Princess Gisla, stand there waiting to be greeted. I look to her and she smiles. I smile back to her keeping my eyes from Rollo.

I step down the steps that lead to the main floor and step next to Cedric. "Where's Amalia? I thought she'd be with you?" I ask him and look to him. "She is busy setting up for your ball." He looks to me and I nod. "Save me a dance tonight?" He asks and I let out a soft laugh. "Don't flatter yourself."

I look to Rollo who is looking towards me. "Isn't that the Viking that you know." He leans to my ear and I look to the ground as he whispers into my ear. "Yes." I say and keep my eyes to the ground.

"He's staring at you as if you've broken his heart." I look to Cedric and raise a brow. "That's not of your business." I take his arm and face forward. "Now shut up and greet our guests." I speak firmly and he lets out a chuckle.

He looks to me and holds my arm gently. I curtsy to some guest who I've never met before but were grand friends with my father. I look to Cedric and he smiles to me. Why must he be so nice? Cocky, yet nice. Rollo and Gisla finally step to us. "It is so nice to finally see you again." She envelopes me into a hug and I hug her back. I step back and take Cedrics arm again. Rollo nods to me and I nod back. Civil perhaps. "Rollo and Gisla. This is Prince Cedric. His father is my enemy." I nod and he takes Gisla's hand, pressing a kiss to it. "It's lovely to meet you. Yet why hire someone who is the born child of your enemy?" She asks sweetly.

Cedric steps in before I can speak. "I trust her judgement. And she is quite the woman." He looks to me and smiles. "You have yourself a good man." I part my lips to speak but am interrupted by Amalia. I'm getting frustrated from everyone. "The dining room is ready for everyone." She speaks to me but looks at how Cedric and I are close.

I nod and let go of him stepping to the top of the steps. "Dinner is ready." I nod and step into the dining room and to the seat ahead of everyone. I take a seat and tap on a glass in-front of me. It's quickly filled and I immediately put it to my lips.

Prince Cedric sits down beside me and looks to me. "Are you alright?" I nod and gulp down the drink, tapping my glass again.

Everyone is seated and eating. I look to my food and take bites of things. "I am fine." I look to him and nod. "Did you and Rollo do something together?" I lean back against the chair and quite frankly give up trying to keep him from my personal life. "Yes. I didn't know he was still with Gisla. I thought she would have divorced him once he went on with his nephew. But that wasn't the case." I say and lean my chin against my hand on the arm on the chair.

I press my finger to my lips and let out a sigh through my nose. "Did you love him?" He asks and I purse my lips, looking at Cedric. "No." I speak softly.

He nods and I look to Rollo who looks at Gisla with a smile. I tilt my head to the side. Did I ever love him? What is love if someone's never had it only by their parents?

I sip my wine again and look to Cedric. "I have to dress for the dancing. I shall be back. Let everyone know where to go." I nod and run my hand to his shoulder.

I step to my room as several servants stand with a beautiful light Gray dress. They help me into it putting chains along my hair and a crown. I step down and into the long ballroom that hasn't been used since last year. The music is being played as everyone stands or dances. Stood towards the back is Cedric who immediately meets my eyes with a smile.

I step down the middle of the room and to Cedric who bows to me. "Your grace." He then stands and places his hands behind his back. I stand there and look around. "It's beautiful." I nod and take a breath.

"It is." He says as he looks around. "Where's Amalia?" I speak and he looks to me. "I'm not sure. I'm not worried about her tonight though." He nods and I look to him. Everyone finally gets to the floor and starts dancing. Even Rollo and Gisla. I'm jealous. I shouldn't be. But I am.

I continue to stand there watching everyone. Cedric clears his throat then steps to infront of me. "Would you dance with me?" He gives a signature grin and I tilt my head to the side. I look at him for a moment and then take his hand. "I hope you can dance." I speak and let out a laugh. "You're speaking to a prince.."

We step into the dance floor and I take his hands. At first I'm not smiling but once we get into the jist of it. I laugh with him. I'm having a proper good time.

I look to see Rollo looking as if he's angry. I look to Cedric and we now dance slower. "Why did you agree to come here?" I speak and tilt my head to the side.

"My father isn't the nicest. He ordered for innocent children to be killed.. Wouldn't you want to leave from that place if your father was the same?.." he speaks and I look to him. "I would seek refuge from him. Yes." I purse my lips and look at him. He is handsome. The way his blue eyes light up when he speaks. Or the way his stubble compliments his jawline.

"Why did you want me here?" He speaks softly and smiles. "I needed protection. And I needed someone who knows his father the best." I let out a laugh and shake my head.

I smile and we continue to chat about everything and the people people around us. He is not that bad.. I guess being nice for a change is good. After the night has ended I step to my room quickly, Cedric chasing after me and tickling me. I step into the room with a laugh and he stays at the door. "Goodnight your majesty." He bows and then looks at me.

"Goodnight Prince Cedric.." I curtsy and smile. I lick my lips and he steps away from the door as I close it. I strip from my clothing and pull on a night gown, crawling into bed. I hug my sheets closely to my body and smile softly to myself. I felt like a child again. Like nothing mattered.