Blackness.

As I step through the greenery of a forest

As I step through the greenery of a forest. I can see my breath which resembles coldness. I step around a tree that resembles a man hanging from it.

I gasp. I hear sticks behind me and turn to see. "It's Odin." He says simply. Who?

"Odin is our god." He says and steps next to me. His bright blue eyes and long hair. He looks young. "I am Ragnar. I have to come to you to tell you to seek help from my people."

I open my mouth to speak but words don't come out. He puts his finger against his lips and stares up at Odin's swinging body.

"He did this. To test himself." He looks down upon me and nods once. "I must go. But you must listen to me."

He backs away and disappears.

I sit up immediately and try to catch my breath. The bed lays with sweat and a dew laced body.

A servant steps and jumps slightly as she fills the bath. "My lady. I was just going to wake you." I breathe slowly and get out of bed. I pull the gown off and move to the bucket of water, getting in. "It's alright.." she starts washing my arms and hair whilst I stare out the window.

"Have you seen the Vikings this morning?" I say lightly and she nods In return. "Yes my queen."

I nod and stay in the small tub for awhile before getting up and deciding to change into a beautiful red dress. I step down to the throne room and sit down on the velvet chair. I run my fingers against it. My father is too ill at the moment. I will check on him later.

I sit up straight as Rollo steps in alone. "Isabella.." I furrow my brows as he calls me by my first name as he would when he was with Poppa Of Bayeux. She's the sweetest and mightiest I know. Much like myself. I once told him to call me that when we knew each other formally.

He kneels down on a knee, looking up at me. "Yes Rollo." I say and look down at him. "Have you decided." I nod once. "Yes. I'll get my servants to carry things out for you."

I stand and so does he. I look up at him as the door opens to Caiazzio. I step back from Rollo.

He makes a face and holds the door open for Rollo to leave. "My Queen. We need you to your fathers room." I nod and step up to the room quickly.

My father is pale. I sit beside him and he looks at me with a faint smile. "My dear.." he coughs slightly and kisses my hand. It breaks my heart to see him this way..

"Yes Father.." I say softly and he looks at me. "This is my time." He nods and wheezes. "No.." I say softly and holds his hand tightly. "I did this for you my dear.. The moment you were crowned. My drink. It was spoiled." He hold his hand to my chest and I can feel my eyes welling.

He wipes the tear from my cheek and his eyes close for a moment, then finally. "Father.." I say softly. He's gone. I stand and clench my fists. I put my head up and try my best to conceal my tears.

"Come. My queen. Let's leave and have the priest come in." I nod and step out of the room. I step to the hall and sit down. Caiazzio stands at the bottom of the stairs and I take a moment to gather my thoughts.

"Get the servants and everyone here. Even the Vikings. I want to send them on their way so I can be left to grieve." I say softly and place my hand against the throne feeling the texture.

After a few moments, everyone is filing in. Even the Vikings.

I stand slowly and breathe out. "The king is dead." I say and keep my head high. I then switch to Frankish. "The king is dead. We will give you whatever you need tonight then you shall be off tomorrow morning." I say softly and nod to Rollo.

He nods and then speaks to Bjorn. He nods to me and crosses his arms. "We shall carry on for a funeral tomorrow." I say in my language. I step down and the crowd makes way for me, pressing a hand to my shoulder. The Vikings look at me as if I'm a devil.

I step to my room and pull the crown from my head, dropping it to the floor.

I sit on the bed and cup my face. The door opens to reveal Rollo. "I will stay." He says and takes my crown from the ground. "Bjorn does not trust me. But he trusts you."

He puts the crown onto my head and stands straight. I look up at him and take a breath. "Why does he trust me if he doesn't know me." I look up at him and he nods. "I speak highly of you." I nod and stand, stepping to the window. "My people will not like the fact of working with Pagans.." I say softly and he steps to beside me. "But I will give them their own land." I say once more and rests my hands on the stone that leads to a balcony.

"Your god is very different from mine." He states and I nod.

"I know.. I've seen him.." I say and look up at him.

He's takes aback and furrows his brows. "With Ragnar." He blinks but then looks away to the city.