Bishop To Queen.

A month has passed

A month has passed.

I step through the throne room and sit into it. I sit up slightly and look around it. A few people come into it. A man I've never seen before. He holds a sword in his arm.

I place my hands into my lap and furrow my brows. "Queen Ambrosio.." he vows to my feet and I clear my throat. "Yes? And who may you be?" I hold onto the chair and lean back into it.

"I am Bishop Heahmund." I stand immediately and bow before him due to his ranking in the churches.. "Forgive me. I didn't know." He looks upon me and nods. I stand and look to him. "What can I do for you?" I sit back in my throne and place my hands into my lap.

"I would like for your help and men to accompany me to Wessex. King Athelwulf, Son of King Ecbert, needs assistance in a fight." I furrow my brows. "And whom are we fighting?" He holds his hands infront of him. "The heathens that curse the land. Now.. I've heard you have.. conspired with them." I clear my throat and sit up straight. "Only to fight off King Delfina."

He lets out a laugh and steps to me. "Now my Queen, God only knows what you did with them." I nod once and look to him. "Bishop Heahmund, I must say I follow the path of our lord and savior God and his son Jesus." I move my hands in a cross figure to my head, chest, and shoulders.

He nods and does the same. "But no. I must not accompany you." I shake my head and tilt my head slightly to look at him. "I didn't ask. I simply said I would like for you. You come with me and I will not denote you of your crown from conspiring with Pagans." He places his hand on his sword.

I part my lips as my guards step forward. I quickly hold my hand up to stop them. "Whom are these pagans?" I squint my eyes and clinch my jaw to him. "Ragnar Lothbroks sons'. They must know you. You could help us send them back."

I nod slowly and stand. "When shall we leave?.." I speak and he takes his sword from his belt. "Now." He holds it and I nod. "Gather some men and supplies.." I tell one of the guards and he nods, stepping away from us. I take his arm and start stepping beside him. "They will have revenge on my kingdom, your Grace." He looks to me with a smile. "They will do none of the sorts. You are protected under Gods will."

I nod and clear my throat. But whom is the God..

Servants bring my armor along with other things. I've been sat on the ship for almost an hour, keeping to myself. I take slow breaths and we sail off towards Wessex.

We arrive and step through a swamp that smells wretched. I hold my dress up and step beside Heahmund. We step into a small Cabin and we look upon them. One boy is stood there with shoulder length hair and the other with a short cut. A woman and man stand beside them. They look dirty and ill.

King Athelwulf looks upon me and furrows his brows like he knows me. Which he does because I helped fight against his sad army against Bjorn. I curtsy to the king and his wife.

"Queen Isabella, this is King Athelwulf and Queen Judith along with his two sons Prince Athelred and Prince Alfred." Bishop Heahmund introduces us and I smile softly to them. "It's lovely to be in your presence, I've heard so much about you and your father."

Athelwulf looks to me and nods. "Have we met before?" He asks and I shake my head in a believable manner. "No your majesty." I look to Judith and smile to her. The two boys look upon me and I nod to them.

Bishop Heahmund clears his throat. "Come. We must go." He starts walking and I follow behind him.

Few hours later we set up a camp and I look around as they speak of the plan. Something about a Roman entrance. A secret place to enter. I sit there and ignore them. I'm practically in this because I shouldn't lose my crown.

I hear a throat clear. "Queen Isabella." I look up quickly and clear my throat. "Yes?" I look at the map and then back up at Bishop Heahmund. "You will stay and help Judith here." I raise a brow. "Why must I not come?" He stands and looks at me. "You are a woman of God. Not a Heathen. You do not fight." I furrow my brows and then look at him with a soft smile. "You are right." Lying to a man of God is possibly one of the most sinful things to do. And that's what I just did.

I stand and curtsy. "I'm terribly sleepy." I nod and look to them. Bishop Heahmund nods and watches me. I step from the tent and to my own. I look at my guards standing beside it, stopping to look at one of them, whispering lowly. "Get someone who is almost merely my size and get me their armor. I'm fighting tomorrow." He nods and steps away. I look around and then step into my tent.

I sit on the bed that is given and sigh softly. I lay down and close my eyes.

I step through smoke, a haze you cannot see through. Even if something was an inch from your nose. I hear arrows shoot by my ears as I walk. Men crying.

I step through it to see Ragnar, sitting on a pedestal of some sort. Kind of like a stage. He is sat patiently with his eyes closed. "Hello your Majesty." He says and opens his bright blue eyes. "Why must you fight against my people?" He tilts his head to the side and stands.

I look to him and shake my head. "Ragnar. I don't want to. I won't. It's for a way into it. To see them. So they know I'm here." I nod and look around. He nods slowly and steps to me. "That boy. Alfred. I knew his father.."

I furrow my brows and cross my arms. "Athelwulf?" I tilt my head to the side. "Athelstan. He was a godly man. But was a Viking as well. I loved him dearly." I watch him speak and look down to me.

"He is with his God." He moves my hair from my cheek and watches me. His Touch is cold but I can feel it. "My sons will not forgive you quickly." He nods and lets out a breath.

I part my lips and then think of the dream. A baby crying into the background. "Is my mother there... in Valhalla.." I purse my lips and he steps back, laughing. He sits back down and looks at me. "Your mother. A remarkable woman. Such might. Much like you." He nods. "Fight bravely tomorrow. Tell my boys to fight together. And love each other."

I part my lips to speak.

I wake and take a breath. Like I was gone. I look around the tent and sit up, looking to my hands. I run my hands over my eyes and lay back into bed. I cover my body with the blanket. My breath visible. I lay on my back and go over plans in my head.