Seeker.

After the long journey, we have finally arrived to Wessex

After the long journey, we have finally arrived to Wessex. We step off the boat and are immediately greeted by guards. Heahmund speaks up quickly. "We are here to speak to king Athelwulf." One of the guards speak. "King Athelwulf is dead. King Albert is the one who rules over us."

Next thing to happen is we are thrown into the dungeon and chained up. I huff and look at the chains. Heahmund sits down in front of me while Torvi hugs her children. Bjorn clenches his jaw. "You said we would be greeted. Not chained up and ready to die!" He yells to Heahmund and he says nothing.

Soon after a guard comes and opens the door. "Heahmund and Queen Isabella come." I stand and look back to them. "I'll make sure they get you out." I say and start walking. They take my cuffs off as I walk beside Heahmund.

We approach a room where Alfred is sat at a desk. He looks up and stands quickly. "Queen Isabella and Bishop Heahmund. We thought you were dead." I shake my head and Heahmund speaks to Alfred. "The Vikings saved us against Ivar the Boneless." I look to Alfred and nod once. "Yes. They did. But like you would've known, I've known them for quite some time.." Alfred nods and looks to me.

"Alright. You shall be cleaned up and put in actual Queens attire." He gestures to my dirty clothing and I cross my arms. "I understand. But not until they are released." Alfred sighs and looks to a guard. "Bring me the Vikings."

Moments later they step in and I lean against the wall. "Bjorn Ironside. I would like to offer you this place to stay. You may use the villages things as well as your family." He nods to them. "What about our land?" Bjorn asks and looks to him. "My grandfather gave you that land when he was no longer king." Bjorn clenches his jaw and furrows his brows.

"Your grandfather killed my father." Bjorn spits at him and Alfred quickly states back. "My grandfather loved your father. He became different once he was gone." He looks to Bjorn. "Now. If you will excuse me. I have to get ready to meet my soon to be wife." He nods and starts walking to the door. "Now. Try to get cleaned up and eat something. You look starved." He steps out and I look to them with a brow raised. "Shall we go? I'll see you all at dinner." I push myself off of the wall as a servant steps me to my room. A room. An actual warm room.

I get into the bath and wash my body as well as my hair, resting for a moment. I think of Hvitserk and if he was here he'd possibly be in with me. I clear my throat and sit up, standing from the tub to get dressed and suitable for dinner. I dry myself and step back into the room where the servant starts helping me dress. I'm normal again except I have the constant reminder of it wrapped around my sleeve. I nod once and step from the room, making my way to the dining room where I step in.

I look around until I find Bjorn with an empty seat, so I take it and look up to him. "Hello." I speak and set my arms onto my lap. "Hello." He speaks and looks up to the girl at the front who in presume is Alfred soon to be wife. She looks too much like him. "You have your eye on her." I take a sip from my cup and rest my arm on the table. "No." He looks down at my arm. "Bjorn. You looked at me the same way." I furrow my brows to him and sip it again.

"What made you get that?" He looks to me and I tilt my head to the side. "Ivar angered me and I made an irrational decision." I look at it and let out a laugh. "Hvitserk sat there the whole time." I purse my lips and Bjorn raises an eyebrow. "Hvitserk? Hmm?" I lick my lips. "Uh.. Yes.." I sip from my cup again.

We stay silent as we eat but people are weary around us. I look up to Alfred and rest my chin onto my hand. "I guarantee that once I go home there will be people waiting on me to choose a husband." I state and look to Bjorn. "Christians are strange. My mother is Queen and she needs no husband." He looks down at me. "If only it were that simple. Let's hope I can find someone who will join me." I roll my eyes and sigh. "I'm quite exhausted. So I shall see you tomorrow." I stand and nod.

He nods as well and I step away and out.

The next morning, I step along the village, looking at the goods they sell. I glance up to see Bjorn watching the princess again of course. I shake my head and lick my lips. As he stands up and steps to her. You can tell she is terrified but she enjoys it. Like any innocent girl. I look at them for a moment and then away. It's none of my business.

I start walking to the room where Alfred normally is. I knock on the door and then step in to find Ubbe and Alfred speaking. I clear my throat. "Sorry. I didn't know." I start to step away and Ubbe speaks up. "It's alright. We are finished speaking." He looks to me and smiles. He nods once to Alfred and leaves the room.

Alfred moves to behind his desk and sits down. "Yes Queen Isabella? Did you need something?" He looks to me and I nod. "I need to go home. My kingdom needs me." I speak to him and he looks at me. "Of course. You've been away for quite awhile. I shall get my men to take you home tomorrow if that is alright." He nods to me and stands, taking my hand. "Thank you for everything you've done. Even with fighting for my father." I nod to him and step back. "Thank you."

As the morning arrives, I step to the dock where I'm greeted by Bjorn, Laergatha, Torvi, Ubbe, and Heahmund as well as Alfred. I smile to them and look at them. "If anything is to ever happen. You know where my kingdom is." I nod to Bjorn and he nods back to me. "Safe travels." He steps back and crosses his arms. Laergatha looks at me for a moment and then envelopes me into a hug. I hug back and she whispers. "May the gods be on your side." I look at her and nod. "For you as well." I whisper.

I look to Ubbe and then Torvi. I nod once to them and step into the ship. The start pulling away, leaving Wessex.