More Blood.

To wake in the morning

To wake in the morning. Ubbe has gone to Harrald to speak of a "Deal" which is not going to be real. They will believe him due to the fact that he has now become a Christian.

I pull the straps on my armor and look to Laergatha who braids my hair a certain way. I feel weird. I don't know how to explain it, but sickly. I purse my lips and look as a muddy Jean steps in. "I take it your husband fought with Ubbe or Bjorn." She lets out a soft laugh. I look to him and he crosses his arms. "Who?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "Ubbe. Then Bjorn. Bjorn wanted to show me how to really fight. So I took it as a challenge." I let out a laugh and look at Laergatha through the mirror. "Both." She nods. "I told you not to do such things. That is why I don't try to fight what I know is bigger then me." She finishes after lacing gold strips through my hair.

He rolls his eyes. "Whatever you say." I let out a breath and stand, looking to her with a nod. She leaves the room whilst looking to Jean.

I tilt my head to him and help him take the dirty armor off. I look out a door and look to a servant. "Get this cleaned." She nods and leaves. I walk to him and sit him down, wetting a cloth and placing it against his skin to wash it and any blood that falls from his eyebrow.

He watches me and clenches his jaw. "Why don't you show your tattoo?" I clear my throat and furrow my brows. "I can't. You know this." He nods and sighs. "I'm worried about tomorrow. They tell me to not be afraid. But I am. I'm thankful someone spoke my language." I make a face. "Whom?" He stands and takes the cloth, wiping his hands. "Bishop Heahmund." I nod slowly.

He looks to me and sighs. "We have to go and look over the plans for tomorrow." I say and he nods. "Yes. We do."

I step back into the room to find Jean to the floor with a beaded necklace and a cross around his hands, praying to the alter.

I watch him and then he stands, making a cross. I lick my lips as he looks back to me. "Hello my love." He steps to me and presses his lips against mine. I kiss him back softly and strokes his cheek. "What are you praying for?" He hums softly and looks to me. "I prayed for triumph. To win.. And for you to be safe."

I let out a soft laugh. "I will be safe my love. I have been in many battles. There is nothing to worry about." I tilt my head to the side and take both of his hands. "I love you. And I shall not leave this world without you. We shall grow old and have our children be getting married."

He lets out a soft laugh and licks his lips. "I love when you speak of children. I have no worries about anything with you. You are the light to my life." He runs his hand to my stomach. "And if there is someone there one day. You will be too." I smile and let out a soft laugh. "I just want you to know. If something happens to me. You find someone you love Jean. No one for the name." I look to him and he nods. "You as well. I don't want you to live your life alone. Rule your kingdom alone. Yes. You're too strong to let another man boss you around."

I let out a soft laugh. "I'll behead them next to yours. I'll have a collection." I do a dramatic gesture and he looks to me. "I better be in the middle. The one that's on the highest." He jokes and I roll my eyes. "I love you."

The dawn of the plans.

We prepare and make our way to our set battlefield. We stand there. Waiting for the Vikings. I look to my husband and he looks to me with a nod. I hold my sword and shield in my hands. I take a deep breath. My heart races.

King Harrald and his Vikings run around the corner and stand meters away from us. They start shouting. I look over to Bjorn, who looks to me. They set off catapults that are lit on fire to surround the Vikings. Bishop Heahmund starts speaking, yelling. He speaks of our triumphs and that god is on our side. But is he?

They start charging and so do we. I soon get separated from Jean. I slay a few men until this woman decided to come and fight me. I quickly shove her off until she slices my thigh. I let out a yell and clench my jaw, fighting against her until she just backs from me and I kill more.

Once they start saying fall back, I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen. I take breaths and quickly grasp my leg that is bleeding, letting out harsh breaths. I look to the sky and close my eyes, trying to ignore the pain from both areas. I look around to then find Jean who is no where to be found. I give up after a moment.

I must have gotten cut on my stomach. I start limping back to the beginning of the castle where I see Bjorn who is waiting for people to arrive. I can feel loose pieces of hair dangling in-front of my face as I walk. I also feel the sweat trickle down my temple and nose.

I look to him as he goes to tilt his head slightly. "We did it.." I say and everything is slightly fuzzed and blurry. I go to step again but quickly grab onto him. He grabs onto me tightly but I end up letting go a second later not feeling or seeing anything but darkness.