Bloody Tears.

The nights were long

The nights were long. Some of the Northman had lost their children because of me. I blame myself. Rollo should have been with them. I gave them the farewell they deserved. Perched in ships with gold and the finest clothings. We blazed the ships and I watched as they did. Each family I gave them whatever I could to ensure the heartbreak of myself.

I stepped down the steps and to the small cellar that is below the castle depths. The rats and smell of rancid water stay below. I look at Rollo who is stood against the wall watching this man. He's been down here a week. He won't speak. He's been tortured.

I step around and unsheathe a small blade and look at it for a moment. "So he wants a war?" I say and move my hair from my shoulder. He looks up at me with a grin. "Yes. You didn't do what he wanted." I glance to Rollo and wave him over. "This is my.. friend." I smile to the man and stroke his blood stained cheek. "I know." He spits at him and Rollo takes a step foreword. I place my hand on his arm and he looks down at me.

"He deserves to be killed." I nod and take a breath. "I know. He will get what he deserves Rollo.." I step to behind the vicious man and grip his hair to pull his head back. "You don't want to tell me anything." He laughs and I dig the knife into his cheek, which causes his to yell.

Rollo grins at the man and me. I'm angry and furious. "God will reign on you Queen." I nod to Rollo who takes his axe out and bludgeoned his head from his shoulder. The blood spatters to my cheeks and neck. I take his seeping head from the hair on the top of the head, stepping out and to the front gate. I step through the castle and the village. Everyone's eyes seeping through my skin. I stop at a stake. The Vikings look upon me from their farm as I put his head upon it.

I look at Rollo whom is staring at me. He nods and starts stepping towards the farm. I take steps to the castle. Caiazzio looks upon me. "Queen Isabella? What have you done?" I keep stepping towards my room and hold my dress. "Started a war." I open the door and get into my room. I look as a servant helps me from my dress. "Start a bath." I nod and pull my crown from my head and dropping it to the floor.

Seeing the death of that man excited me. More than anything. To kill someone who did such terrible things. I pull the robe on and let out a breath.

I look outside the window and purse my lips for a moment. I clench my jaw and step to the bed. I'm angry. I want to destroy things. I step to the bath after the servant had soon filled it. I drop the robe to the ground and step into the heated water.

I look at the servant who is washing the blood from my face and neck as well as my hands. I glance over to the door and let my arms rest at the sides. "You may wait In the room" she nods and leaves me to my thoughts. It's silent. I can hear the water drip from my finger tips hitting the ground. I lean my head back and close my eyes for a moment. I hear the door creek open and I look over to see Rollo stepping in.

He steps to me and pulls his clothing from his body and stepping into the bath as well. I rest my legs on either side of his body and he rests back as well.

I look at him for a moment and lick my lips. "We have to visit your home soon." I say softly. "Roma is too big to fight against.." I nod and he takes my foot into his hand, rubbing it. "I agree. The king of Frankia told me about them." I nod and close my eyes again. "I blame myself.."

I can feel his hand shift up my leg slowly. "You're strong enough to beat him.." he says lowly and he leans up as well. His hand guides it's way up my thigh. "Let's hope your nephew thinks so.." I speak lightly and I can feel his fingers caress my heat. I part my lips as he continues to please me. I let out breaths as he does. I moan and grip the sides of the bath. He leans up to kiss my lips.

He mumbles against my lips. "Marry me.." I open my eyes and then grip his arm to stop his movements. "No." I furrow my brows and he does as well. "What do you mean no?" He stops and leans back. "I said no. Get out." I clench my jaw and he parts his lips. "Out." He gets out and shakes his head, pulling his clothes on over his wet body.

"Isabella.." I look at him and then at the water. "Rollo. Leave before I have you escorted out." He clenches his jaw and makes a face. He leaves the room and I can hear the door slam.

I shake my head and stand from the bath. Why would he do such a thing like that? He knew I had turned away from Prince Delfina so why would I want him?

I wrap my robe around my body and step, sitting at the vanity. "Get Caiazzio please."

The servant nods and quickly leaves. I look in the mirror and take breaths. I look at myself for a moment, startled by Caiazzio. "I need you to go and find my cousin. My trusted one please. I need you to also get many ships and some of guards. As well as gold." He goes to speak up but I hold my hand up. "We are going to see Bjorn Ironside to assist us in this fight." He nods and soon leaves.

I step to my bed and sit on it. I sigh softly and lay onto the bed, I run my hand over the soft blankets. I fall asleep soon after.

Ragnar is stood by the cliff side. I look up to him. I step to his side and look up at him. He licks his lips and takes a breath. "I knew a Christian. He was a good one. Athelstein. He was once a monk." I look upon his features and then he looks upon me.

"A monk?" I speak up and he nods. "I am surely surprised my sons have not been aroused by you. You are quite beautiful." He places a hand on my shoulder and nods. "If only I was still alive." He lets out a laugh and steps back and away from the ledge.

I turn and watch him. "But Rollo? He's a mess. My brother. You did good when you said you wouldn't marry him." He nods and crosses his arms. I part my lips. "How did you know?" I go to step to him but am stopped.

"I know everything my Dear Queen." He smiles and steps to me, moving my hair from my shoulder. "It's time to wake up." I tilt my head to the side and furrow my eyebrows. "What?" He places both hands on my shoulders and then pushes me over the edge.

Like slow motion I fell to the water.

I wake up suddenly and breathe heavily, placing my hand on my chest. I sit up and look towards the window to see a crow tilting his head back and forth.