Guardian angel pt. 2

I walk slowly up the stairs towards my office, trying not to see the people looking at me weirdly. When I open the door they hit me in the face. "Anabel?" Steve and Adam look at each other, then at me. "We were just about to go visit Jakuza boss." He explains when he sees me looking at the few bombs and a large gun in his hands.

"What happened? Where were you?" Jerry hugged me quickly when I walked in all in bruizes and bloody shirt. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I lie. "Two Japanese took me to a warehouse."

"How did you manage to defeat two jakuza solders and escape their teratory alive?" Adam furrows his eyebrows. He knows how they operate because his father was one of them, a boss.

I sit down and rubb my wrist. "Someone saved me."

Everyone look at eachoter. "Who?"

"I dont know, I havent seen him around." I close my eyes at the pain growing stronger.

Steve picks me up and carries me to his sofa where I drift to sleep.

If must of been a week or two later when Tani took me to a local bar. It was packed and our mission was to get drunk and forgot about everything just for a day. "Oh my goood." Tani cheered while gulping down her drink. "It's so good not to be a cop for a day. "She whispered.

"C'mon it's not all that bad." I chuckled at how dramatic she looked.

Tani faked a cough and elbowed me. "Dont look but that guy over there is totaly checking you out." She pulled my hand when I tried to look. "Good work Ms. Obvious." She rolled her eyes. I slowly turned my head and locked eyes with Gabriel. My mouth open to say something but close again when nothing came out. "Dont be so obvious." Tani chuckled.

"I know him, Tani. Thats the man that saved my life the other day." I smirked. "Gabriel."

"No way." Tani squiled, obviously drunk already. "You forgot to mention he is hot."

"Hot and misterious inded." I whisper turning my head to look at him again but he was gone. "I'll be right back." I push my way through the hot, wet bodies towards the lady's room and whn I return Tani's face was glued to Junior's, making me take a step back. When they saw me, they motioned for me to sit at their table, full of shots. Soon enough I was waisted, dancing in the middle of the dance floor. And all this time I felt a pair of brown eyes on me.