24.

"I hate weddings." Steve groaned while he was waiting for me to get dressed. "You invite half of the people that you don't even know and all of them act like you mean everything to them." He paused and them smiled. "And you know what is the worst?"

I rolled my eyes and continue to murmur a song that was stuck in my head since Monday. I was acting like I'm listening to him.

All of a sudden he stopped talking and leaned on the door frame. "You are not listening to me aren't you?"

I smirked and kissed his lips. "It's okay to be nervous, your aunt is getting married."

Later when we arrived at the reception, Steve gulped down shot after shot of vodka and I let him be because I couldn't imagine how he is feeling right now.

His aunt was a mother and a father figure when Dorris, his mom, staged her own death. Not to mention he just found out she has a cancer and as the cherry on the cake, she is marrying a man that did awful things when he was young.

"Excuse me for a moment, I need to talk to aunt Debby." Steve kissed my cheek and made his way towards her room. He was gone for a good ten minutes and when he came back he seemed all emotional.

I had no time to question him as the music started playing and Debby started walking towards the altar in her white two piece dress.

I glanced towards Steve and he had tears in his eyes. He saw me looking at him and gave me a small smile with a hand squeeze. I muttered "I love you" to him.

"Debby, the wedding was beautiful." I hugged the bride and congratulate the groom once more before leaving home.

"Thank you for coming, both of you." Debby kissed both of our cheeks.

***

"Baby, I was thinking..." Steve caught my attention while I was watching TV.

I murmured but didn't look at him.

He leaned forward from where he was sitting next to me and smiled. "Let's get married."

My head snapped in his direction. "What?" I laughed. "You don't believe im marriage, in fact you hate weddings."

"I used to bit seeing aunt Debby so happy today... I want that." He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "I want that with you."

I get tears in my eyes and kissed his lips. "Yes."

"Yes?" He repeated and got from his butt and on his knees so that he was kneeling on the bed in front of me.

He hugged me tight before I could say yes again.