16

I got a call from my husband and I answered with a smile. "Hey baby is it lunch time already?" I glanced at my watch.

"Babe..." His voice was different and I knew it exactly, something is wrong. "Amm.. I just want to tell you that... I stepped on a bomb."

I dropped my coffee mug, spilling coffee all over the floor. "You did what?"

"I'm sorry but I just needed to hear your voice one last time if..." he went silent. I could imagine his teary eyes.

I closed my eyes and try to hold myself together. "Don't say that, please." I exhale and try to calm myself down. "Steve and the boys will find the way to get you out of it safely. Just be strong for us."

"I have to hang up now, the bomb tech just arrived. I love you. Don't forget that." He sobbed.

I couldn't speak and when I was about to say something the line went silent. I knew the danger Danno could get in to while working as a cop but never in a million year did I imagine I could lose him like that.

Not even a minute later I heard a loud bang and looked out my office window. Huge cloud of dust was rising and I fell to my knees. "Danny." Was the only word coming out of my mouth.

It must of been at least fifteen minutes and I was still on my knees, tears falling down my cheeks. All I kept thinking was they couldn't save him. How will I told Grace and Charlie that their father died?

All of a sudden my office door burst open and I don't look. I was not ready to face the people right now. I pair of strong hands wrap around my torso. A pair of hands that I know all so well. "Danno?"

"I'm okay, baby I'm okay." He pulled me closer and kissed me on my temple. "Everything will be okay." He whispered.