8. request

This one was requested by @injeji. I almost had a heart attack right now when I googled GRACE PARK and saw she is 45 years old. I taught she was in her thirties. 😆 but damn she looking good

Kono sat on her temporary bed in Seattle hotel, waiting for her husband Adam to fly from Hawaii. There is something she needs to tell him, something that will change both of their lives.

Adam was already running late witch only made her more nervous and then suddenly a knock on her door wake her up from thinking hard.

"Hey Adam." Kono greeted when she opened the door and her husband's smile broke her heart in tiny pieces. "Come in we need to talk."

Adam's smile vanished from his face and he suddenly knew something was wrong. "Is everything okay? Did you find the man you were looking for?"

Kono motioned for Adam to sit down next to her. "Adam I want a divorce." Kono's words echoed through the small room and it seemed like forever since she got a reply.

***

It's been three years since Kono's divorce. And five years since her feet walked on Hawaiian grounds. It was better like that for Adam. She knew he deserved better.

Kono closed her eyes and enjoyed the warm sun while inhaling the smell of the ocean. She was home. The next thing she did was drove to Kamekona's truck because she knew everyone will be there gathered for lunch.

"Who do my eyes see?" McGarrett stood up from the table where he was eating, hugging his former partner. "Kono, what brings you back to Hawaii?"

Danno pushed himself past him and gave him the look of disapproval. "Couldn't you just be happy she is back you animal?" He hugged Kono and kissed her cheek. "Welcome back sister."

Kono giggled. She was gone for so long but nothing has changed between two friends. "Don't worry guys. I only came for a few days for a friends wedding." She explained.

Danno and Steve gave each other's a look. "Wait..." Danno put his hands on his hips and acted as he was thinking.

"You came to Adam's wedding?" Steve raised his eyebrows.

Kono sat down at their table and a portion of Garlic shrimps was already waiting for her. "Yes, why not? We divorced a while ago."

Few hours later Kono knocked on Adam's hotel door. He opened them and pulled her ex in a tight hug. "Kono, it's so nice to see you. What have you been up to all this time?"

"You know, wondering around." She giggled. "Still looking for that bustard."

"I'm sure you will caught him soon." Adam offered her a wine glass. "If you need anything..."

"Thanks. What I want for you is to be the happiest you've ever been Adam." She hugged him. "I have to get going the ceremony will soon began."

Adam hugged Kono one last time. "Thank you for being here."

"Always." She winked sincerely happy for him.