41. Unexpected pt.1

It's been a hot day today. So hot its not even usual for Hawaii. You have been working on a case where a man kidnapped a girl ten years ago and you now have a lead.

You walked towards the bathroom when suddenly a feeling of sickness overcame you. You rushed out to your car and drove straight to hospital.

"Where is Y/N?" Your boss slash ex boyfriend was searching for you everywhere. A few minutes later Pua walked in and told him you rushed out of the building. "Okay Chin find me her location."

Chin typed in your number and found your location. "Steve, she is in a hospital."

"Where are you going?" Cath screamed after his new boyfriend?

Steve busted the front door open, his face pale from fear. You two weren't together but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you. It's only been three months since the break up.

The nurse led him to the room where you were waiting to be discharged. When Steve walked in, you had tears in your eyes. "Steve, what are you doing here?"

Steve kneeled down in front of you and cupped your face. "Is the baby okay?"

You looked at him with wide eyes.

"The nurse told me." He put a hand on your belly. "Y/N how long do you know?"

"For a while." You exhale. "I was going to tell you but then Catherine came back and I didn't want you to be stuck with me just because of the baby."

A tear fell down his cheek. "So it is mine?"

"Yes you idiot." You cried while laughing. "I'm sorry."

"Everything will be okay. I promise." He kissed your cheek.

The nurse came in holding some papers. "Okay so I ran some tests and the baby is fine but you need to stay out of stress."

"You are on bed rest, starting right now." Steve ordered.

You rolled your eyes. "You are crazy if you think I will stay in bed for half a year."

You two were about to leave the room when your OB came knocking on the door. "Hey Y/N I heard you are here. Do you want to see the baby and listen to the heart beat and you can scratch the tomorrow's appointment."

"Yes sure, since we are all here." You smiled at Steve who was visibly nervous.

"He has your nose." You cried when you saw your future baby for the first time.

Steve was holding your hand, staring directly on the screen.

"Hold this right here." The doctor gave him a device and a heart beat started playing. "I'll gave you some space." She left the room.

Steve smirked, looking from the monitor and back to you. He leaned in and gave you a deep, passionate kiss. Your hands starts roaming under his exposed belly. Then you pulled away. "Sorry, pregnancy hormones." You chuckled.