Saved Unexpectedly.

Start from the beginning

I furrow my brows and watch him. I think for a moment, gripping onto the axe harshly. I think back to what Ragnar has said. I let it fall from my hand and look to him. He parts his lips and puts the knife up. "Are you going to help me or let me be caught by my loving brothers?" He gestured to the body. His voice was slightly hoarse but there was something in his voice that hurt his soul.

I step over easily and he tries to help. "Leave it." I speak and lift her body up into my arms. I grunt slightly and step to the bed, laying her down. He lays a small chest besides her and opens it to reveal the small bones of a child. I gulp and place her hands, lightly onto her stomach. I lay her hair out and straighten her dress out. I look to Ivar who is looking upon her. "You need to hide." I speak and he nods, grabbing a cloak. "You will have to leave tomorrow." He furrows his brows. "I already have a plan." He starts trying to put on his cloak but I step over and place it over his shoulders.

"You speak of me betraying you. But I am on no ones side. Only my own. I help those in need but for a price." He looks to me and I take his knife from his pocket. "What are you doing?" He gets angry and I press it against my cheek. "At least let me say I tried to fight against you but you got away from me." I go to cut my cheek but he quickly takes it, moving it down to my arm. "I would never damage your features." He take my hand over the knife and slices it against my skin. I clench my jaw and let out a breath through my nose, rolling my eyes as I look to the ceiling.

It stings. Another scar to fit along with my other arm. He takes the knife away and places it back. I let the blood fall for a moment and then place my hand over it. "Now go. I'll meet you in the morning Ivar." He nods and moves out of the cabin. I walk quickly to the front and grab the shield as well as the axe. I walk out and immediately run into another viking who swung his sword towards me. I hold my axe up but my bicep hurts too much to hold it. I let out a yell and shove him back with my shield. He come back with more force but I take a breath because this is it for me.

This is my end.

I swing and deflect it. But he looks to me and grins. Soon after the blood from his eye socket is spread against my face. An arrow straight through. He drops to his knees and I see Jean who is covered in dirt and mud. That's when the fighting stop. I drop my shield and axe as the man lays flat. I run to him and he drops the bow and arrow. He envelopes me into a hug and cups my cheeks. "I thought I lost you but I prayed that he would let you live." Tears fill his eyes and he kisses my lips, over and over. I take his hand with my left and his hand presses against my arm and I let out a noise. He looks to the bleeding wound and he looks at me. "You're bleeding."

I nod and look to it. "It's okay." Hvitserk and Bjorn step to me. Hvitserk notices the cut and easily slices a piece of his own shirt from the bottom, wrapping it tightly. "How did this happen? You don't have much blood on you from the fight." Bjorn speaks and furrows his brows. "Ivar." I speak and purse my lips. "I ran immediately towards the cabin when he was stepping to it. He easily deflected it and sliced right through. He got away from me."

I look down to the side with a shake of my head. "It's okay. You fought well. Ivar is smart" Hvitserk says sadly and Bjorn starts making his way to the cabin, soon after Hvitserk follows him. I look to my husband who furrows his brow towards me. "Why do you lie?" He speaks lowly and I watch him. "What do you mean Husband?" I act as if I know what he speaks of. "You know what I mean, wife." He clenches his jaw and looks to see Bjorn as well as Hvitserk. They are both furious. Which means they had found Freydis.

The gates open and everyone makes way to them. That's when Ubbe, Torvi, and Laergatha step into the gates. Laergatha carries a sword on her hands. Bjorn is in utter shock. "You're still alive." He speaks and she nods. She holds it to him. "All hail King Bjorn." She says and everyone shouts. "All hail King Bjorn!" I look around and take a breath. The way in unison makes you have chills.