Chapter 45

Athena

Dante was right. He moved us far away from Romero into a new city. So Romero can never find us. He bought us a cute expensive apartment complex in a secluded area where the nearest town is 10 minutes away. 

I've gotten used to it. Being a small happy family. 

I've gotten used to forgetting about Romero hurting me. 

I've gotten used to the guilt. This never-ending pit of guilt all because of me not completing my mother's last wish. 

Every single day the guilt is eating me alive. I am a terrible daughter. I denied my mother her last wish. 

What kind of daughter am I? 

I've stopped crying in front of Dante in case he might assume something is wrong and that I want to go back to Romero. 

I just wished there was a different way. I have officially divorced him. 

The papers I signed back when I was in that hell has proved it. The rings on my fingers are gone and stored somewhere at the back of the closet. The contract is null and void and our marriage has ended. 

But a new one has begun. I remember the first night we came here. 

Dante's proposal. Our short and sweet marriage.

After unpacking everything with no help from Dante who has been missing all day. I've been putting our belongings in their rightful places while breastfeeding Mirella here and there. 

Where is he? He hasn't texted or called but he just left when I woke up. 

Mirella's cries fill my ears as I head back to our room where her cot is placed. 

"Baby. Why are you crying? Is Mama's angel hungry?" I gather her in my arms and take my loose fit shirt off to feed her. 

As soon as I place her lips near my breasts she latched on suckling softly. Her blue eyes still teary from crying so much. I love this little angel so much with all I have. Once I've fed her my phone beeps. 

Dante – Wear the white dress I bought for you and dress our Mirella cute. Date night bambolina x 

I blush profusely he's been planning a date night. I place Mirella on the bed first and grab the white dress he is talking about. I can't shower and leave Mirella alone so I put dry shampoo on my blonde brown hair and style it into a braided bun.

Putting on the nude white dress he bought me I do my makeup finishing with a bright red lip.

I put Mirella into a rose gold dress Dante got for her. Once we are ready and I put Mirella in her car seat.

Dante – our driver is outside waiting for you bambolina x another text. 

He really is going all out. I glances outside to see our driver Wilson outside. Locking the doors and taking Mirella I head to the car. 

"Miss Valentine!" Wilson nods acknowledging me. I haven't been called Miss Valentine in a long time. In the car Mirella is laughing her dimples showing while playing with her stuffed pink elephant.

"What is Daddy surprising us with baby?" I talk to her even though she can't speak. The car reaches a halt and I look outside. 

"This way Miss Valentine!" Wilson guides us through the pebble stoned pathway whilst covering my view with his large build. 

"We have arrived!" He announces and leaves. 

That's when I see him standing on the beach with an aisle. 

Someone is with him. A man. Tears pool in my eyes at how sweet and romantic this surprise is.

I take Mirella out of her car seat and we both walk down the aisle towards our future. 

Mirella becomes my flower bouquet. Tears creep down my cheeks and I furiously wipe them away and put a smile on my face. 

"You both look beautiful!" Dante says as I stand to face him while the Vicar begins the declarations. 

Dante stops him, "I have my vows written!" Dante looks ravishing in a black suit with a nude white tie.

"Athena Rosa Valentine. My Goddess. I first saw you at an after-party where our souls connected on a deeper level. You were a broken mess. But so beautiful. Every single thing about you mesmerised me. I wanted to fix all the broken pieces until you became whole. And our happiness came in the form of our bambolina Mirella. We are becoming a perfect family and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Athena you are and will always be the love of my life. The light to my darkness. The calm before the storm. Everything begins and ends with you. I'm yours forever and always Athena." 

At the end of it all my tears are uncontrollable.

"Dante I didn't prepare any vows but I know that I love you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you amore. Always and forever!" It is short and sweet. 

"Do you Dante Luca Martino take Athena Rosa Valentine to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The Vicar asks. 

"I do!" Dante smiles proudly ready for me to be his forever. 

"Do you Athena Rosa Valentine take Dante Luca Martino to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The Vicar asks.

Mirella lets out a noise between a cough and a laugh. 

I laugh before nodding, "I do!" 

With that the Vicar says, "I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. Mr and Mrs Martino. You may kiss the bride!" 

Dante moves to the side careful of Mirella in my arms before crashing his lips onto mine. 

"Athena Rosa Martino!" He pecks my lips. 

I'm his. 

And I couldn't be happier. 

A/N:

So while Romero is fucking other sluts. 

Athena is getting her happy ending. 

Or is she?

Comment and Vote. 

Soul x