Chapter 5

Athena

Papa leaves soon as I enter the room. 

It must be something important that needs to be discussed. 

Mama wanted to talk to me alone. In private. 

I just hope everything is okay.

"Come here bambina!" She calls over and I sit on the chair pulling my body closer to her. 

She takes my hand in hers and presses a small loving kiss onto it. 

"I love you Athena!" She whispers and I frown. 

"Mama don't say it like that. Like it will be your last time!" I reprimand not wanting to hear the solemn hint of sorrow in her sweet voice. 

"I love you too Mama!" I respond with a small smile on my face. 

"Romero is back." She states the obvious.

But instead of the hate I have for him in her eyes there is a bright sparkling hue of happiness. 

"Why is he back now? Why couldn't he have stayed? Mama it hurts." I spill everything to her. 

Everything I've felt since I've seen him come out of this room. 

"I'd rather he leave me the hell alone." I spit out angrily. 

Not wanting nothing to do with him, I let out all my anger regarding him in front of Mama.

All throughout my glares and anger, Mama stays still smiling up at me. 

"Athena darling. To hate him so much you would have had to love him once. I've seen the two of you not speak to each other for days over petty things like cookies and stealing toys. Why is it so different this time?" She soothes me and a tear slips out.

"Mama he left me. If he loved me he would've stayed. Here with me." I choke out sadly. 

She shakes her head in indignation, "I saw the look on that boy's face when he left you. If it was his choice he would've gave you the whole world. He never wanted to leave you. Never!" 

Mama defends Romero again and again.

"I want to see you happy. I want the light sparkling in your eyes when you were a child. Romero can give you that." She tries to make him look good in my eyes. 

It is not working. 

I shake my head furiously, "He made his choice. I made mine. I am never talking to him ever again!" 

Mama still has a smile on her face. She looks up at me with so much love that my heart soften.

"Forgive Romero. I want to see you happy." Mama tries to convince me but I stay put to my decision of trying to forget him.

"I am happy!" I object and she looks at me knowingly. 

"No one can give you the happiness you once had with him. No one. You'll fail. You'll look for it in Kyle but you will never find it. Your heart will always want that happiness with Romero." Her words are sparks of the truth. 

Knowing my expectations are too high and can only be fulfilled by Romero who knows me inside out. 

"If anything happens to me darling. I want you to marry Romero. Nikolas and Julia and Aodhan and I always knew you two will end up together. We've been planning your wedding ever since you guys started hanging out." 

What? Marrying him. 

"Mama you'll be fine and as for Romero it is never going to happen." I chuckle to myself at the absurd idea.

"It is my last wish bambina. For you to marry Romero." With that her eyes start slowly closing and they roll back. 

Her hand pulls out of my mine as she clutches her chest her face contorting into pain.

"PAPA! DOCTORS! SOMEONE COME QUICK!" I yell quickly for help knowing there is something wrong with Mama. 

"MAMA! Wake up!" Her body stills.

I scream."HELP! HELP HER!" 

Papa's form rushes into the hospital room behind him doctors and nurses crowd the room. 

"ROSA!" Papa chokes out. 

The doctors try making us leave the room but my body freezes my eyes stuck on the pained expression on Mama's face. 

Her last words haunting me. "For you to marry Romero." 

After that everything went blank. "You have to leave if you want to save her!" Someone pulls my body out of the room and the ominous close of the door echoes. 

"MAMA!" I scream loudly. 

"I WANT TO SEE HER!" I feel someone keeping my body still and soon I collapse onto the chair. 

"Athena honey. Please calm down." Julia's concerned voice fills my ears. 

"Papa!" I whisper searching for him. 

He wraps his arm around me hugging me tightly afraid of letting me go. 

"I'm here darling. She'll be okay. She has to be."

I keep my conversation with Mama to myself. 

I don't look up as my head is buried into Papa's chest not wanting to see the bright lights.

As we both wait for news. Inside there the doctors are working on Mama, saving her.

I just hope that it is nothing serious. I hope she is fine.

Please God save my Mama. 

She's an honest and humble person please. My Mama have never wronged anyone, always helping out, always has a smile on her face. 

Every room was lit with her beautiful smile. Every mood was uplifted with her soothing voice. Everything about her was so down to earth. 

I love you Mama. I whisper silently. 

Hoping my small message somehow is sent to her. 

It is pure agony. Waiting. 

Waiting for some sort of indication that Mama is okay. 

The Moretti's are quiet and still beside us in the waiting room.

No one uttering a sound. 

Praying hoping a soul like Mama's is saved. 

There is nothing but the spark of hope left in our bones that Rosaline; a wife, a mother, a daughter, a best friend, will be saved. 

A/N:

Will Athena listen to what her mother said?

What happened to her mother?

Comment and Vote if you r enjoying.

SHARE IT TOO <3

Soul x