Chapter 35

Athena

I thought that I'd never be free from his clutches. I thought that I'd never be able to escape this place. I thought he controlled me and owned my life.

But now as I am sitting in this room and we talk of signing divorce papers I am stunned. 

How is he even suggesting this? Not that I'm not ecstatic. I am over the moon. 

But where will I go? To Dante my heart, or to Papa my home? 

A decision that has to be made. I am in his study sitting on the chair opposite him. His green eyes piece deeply into my soul and I'm reminded of the day I grew close to him.

"He push me Mama!" I whimper and sob into my mother's arms.

 Mama and Aunty Rosaline were talking together and Romero pushed me. 

"You are weak." Romero laughed. 

With everything in me I pushed him into the pool. Seeing him all wet and shrivelled sparked a laugh within me.

Mama and Aunty Rosaline began laughing. 

That was the day Romero stole the finite fragments of my heart and my crush on him grew.

That was the day Rom became mine. 

"Stop fucking staring at me!" He snaps pulling me out of a trance.

"I can't have you here anymore. You are ruining mine and Tasha's relationship. We can't be free with you here!" He starts. 

What did I do? Last time I remembered I can't be free with them here. 

It wasn't my choice to come here. He brought me here.

So why the fuck is he putting the blame on me? 

"There are 4-5 months left of the contract. I brought you here to sign the divorce papers in advance!" He gets straight to the point and hands me a wad of papers. 

True to his words I see the word DIVORCE written in bold. He gives me a pen. 

"Rosaline thought this would last. She thought we'd be married forever. But you are letting her down not me. She's your mother." He taunts me and with tears in my eyes I sign the divorce papers under his name.

Even though this torture will continue for the next few months. 

"You aren't the same Romero I once fell in love with!" Sacred words escape my lips and are out in the open for him to here. He throws his chair backwards and is in my face within seconds.

Regret washes over me like long slow waves on a shallow beach. I wish I could go back in time and reverse ever meeting him but now at this point it is impossible. 

There is no way back. There is no way to make it right. 

The remorse of what I said is eating my insides already just awaiting for another one of his punishments. A punishment I know is long awaited. 

He grabs a fistful of my hair and pulls me towards him. The strong smell of his cologne surrounding me. 

Not the red room. Please. 

I pray silently.

 Anything but that. 

"I can't wait till you get the fuck out of my life. You want to know why I left you. Because at 16 you began growing up." He spits in my face while cupping my breast in the other.

"These began growing bigger!" He pinches my nipple. 

I'm stunned, my body numb. 

What is he doing? 

Why is he touching me like this? 

I whimper and I can feel the river of tears waiting to stream down my cheeks. 

"Romero. Let me go!" I say firmly. His touch on my body making me feel disgusted.

I only want Dante. Just Dante. He lights up my skin in pleasure not pain.

His lips attack mine and he forces his tongue down my throat. That was the breaking point for me. 

I push him with all my might and sprint down the hallway to my room which I lock. The tears flow down my cheeks and drip from my chin. 

I'm trying so hard not make a sound or let out a choked sob. 

I stand still staring into space like a statue. Once again I was lost in those moments with him. I thought he could change. I will be forever tormented by our past. A past that I'm trying to let go of but can't.

A past that can't be undone.

No matter how much I wish it would. The guilt sits not in my heart but in my brain. What did he just do? 

Was that another punishment? 

What about his girlfriend? I hated the feeling of his hands and touch. I wanted it gone. 

But I know against him I am powerless.

Many minutes passed by and the guilt was pestering me and eating me whole. A fire burning brightly in my mind. 

Regret hits me like a sledgehammer. 

If I hadn't spoken maybe things wouldn't have gotten so far and out of hand. It is all my fault. Why did i fucking have to speak?

I take a deep breath. I want to shout, have a tantrum but I can't.

I want to vent to someone, let it out but I don't want to say words that are hurting me. It is easy to do what Romero just did but what about the damage that has been done on the other person? 

The damage that has been done to me. So many times I've been punished by him.

For what? Speaking. 

Sometimes I want to be selfish is that so bad? I want to end my life.

Not care about Dante, Papa, Alyssa or anyone that ever gave a fuck about me and end it.

I want to close right down, tell the world to go to hell and never let my heart beat again. 

I just hope one day. 

That my wish can come true. 

That I think about myself. 

And finally set myself free. 

A/N:

Why is Romero acting like that towards Athena when he has Natasha?

Do you think Athena's wish will come true?

Read to find out ;)

Comment and vote <3

Soul x