Chapter 23

Athena

A shriek leaves my lips as I can hear footsteps coming closer and closer to me. A small whimper escapes my lips as I cower deeper into the couch. 

My brain had shut down. My hands clammy and glistening with cold sweat. My eyes wide underneath the blanket as if someone is about to deliver a surprise blow. 

I try breathing in and out but air wouldn't enter my lungs. Starved for air, my heart raced at tremendous speeds and my lungs shallowly rose and fell in time. I sit there underneath the blanket for what seems like eternity but actually a few more minutes. 

Security and safeness was nothing but a distant memory and an invisible force crushed me from every possible direction. A sudden pull and the blanket is off and I start screaming. 

Panic-stricken. No one is at home except for me. 

What if I get murdered? 

Romero would like that wouldn't he? 

"HELP!" I begin screaming not wanting to die alone. But I know that in this massive mansion no people are coming to save me. 

"Calm down Athena!"

This person knows my name. 

How do they know my name? 

Now that I think of it that voice seems familiar. My watery eyes glisten with tears and the hairs on the nape of my neck stand tall from fear. I try to scream but my mouth lacks moisture as I stare at him.

"Dante!" I sigh in relief but then the anxiousness settles in. 

What is he doing here? At a time like this. 

"You scared the hell out of me!" I tell him while pouting. 

"You should have seen your face." Dante chuckles while taking a seat on the couch next to me. 

"I thought someone was about to kill me. In case you don't know I'm all alone in this fucking mansion!" I yell angrily. 

My heart still jumping and slowing down. When Dante does not stop laughing I mumble crossing my arms over my chest.

"It is not funny!" I sigh.

Dante stops laughing suddenly a serious face clouding his features. 

"I'm sorry. You shouldn't be alone. Where the fuck is Romero?" Anger in Dante's voice is evident. 

Do I tell him? I mean he must know of his best friend having a fucking girlfriend and marrying me.

"He's probably with his girlfriend!" I say bitterly. 

I decide to tell him everything. 

"This marriage was my mother's last wish. He has his girlfriend yet here I am with nothing. In an unknown country with unknown people. Alone!" I whisper my voice cracking. 

Turning my face away from Dante, I don't want him to see me like this. 

"Hey you don't have to be alone. I'm here for you." He turns my face to face him. His hand wiping a traitorous tear that escapes my eyes.

"Here give me your phone. Text and Call me if there are any problems!" He offers and I hand him my phone so he puts his number in it. 

The movie I put on 22 Jump Street just starting but I quickly pause it. 

"So, why are you here?" I ask politely not wanting to sound rude. 

"I went over to my parents' house for a family dinner, didn't go down very well. I didn't feel like going back to my apartment so I came here. Romero's fine with it. This mansion is kind of like an escape from home!" Dante says ending our short conversation.

I don't want to make him more upset by asking more questions about why he's here? 

I do what I'm good at. 

Changing the subject. 

"Do you want to watch the movie with me?" My eyes lock with his hazel ones. 

And I'm captured mesmerised by them. 

"Yeah sure!" He nods taking off his shoes and climbing up on the sofa sharing the blanket. 

"Ti meriti molto di più di questo." Dante suddenly whispers thinking i don't hear him but i do. 

"Hey, you know i'm part italian but i don't understand a lot. What did you say?" I ask curiously. 

It doesn't sound bad like Romero's words. 

"I said you deserve so much more than this. This lonliness, this depression i know you are losing yourself to." At his words i blush furiously just like i did when i first met him.

This man sure has his way with words. 

Such a fucking gentleman. 

Ignoring the stirring in the pit of my stomach we sit quietly watching the moving. 

Almost couple-like. 

And i finally felt a little free and not alone. 

For now. 

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter :( 

Hope u enjoy. 

What do you guys think of Dante?

Comment and Vote

Soul x