Chapter 18

Romero's Mansion ^^^^

Athena

True to Nikolas's words, Romero was waiting for us at the airport.

A private airport. With a private airplane. 

Romero did not give me another glance as he entered the plane. The heavy rock on my finger meaning absolutely nothing to him. 

But meaning something to me. 

After what seems like years we arrive in Italy. It isn't my first time here. I came on holiday with Papa and Mama before.

Before I knew that this was the country Romero ran away to. 

"Am I not staying with you?" I question as soon as Julia and Nikolas get into separate cars.

"No darling, we live an hour away from Romero. You'll be living with him." Julia tells me and I gasp slightly. 

I thought he still lived with his parents. 

Giving them a hug goodbye I get into the car that's taking me to where Romero lives. 

I'm scared of being alone with him. 

He isn't the loving and kind Romero I once knew he is someone new unpredictable and arrogant. 

Italy did him bad than good. 

I don't recognise the person that is sitting across from me furiously looking down at his phone.

The car halts a sudden jerk as I'm thrown forward slightly. 

Here we are. It is gorgeous, almost breath-taking. Of course he needs a mansion to make himself feel at home. The long steps lead up to a two way entrance. I know without looking side that the interior is just as gorgeous. It is nearing midnight and I'm tired from the journey. 

"Your suitcases are already in your room. You'll be meeting my girlfriend tomorrow morning. She lives with me!" Romero points out with no remorse before heading inside and leaving me outside on the porch. 

What have I gotten myself into? 

As soon as I step in a maid is in front of me, "Hello Master Moretti has asked me to show you to your room?" She can't be much older than me. 

She looks so young. 

And calling Romero Master Moretti does it not seem too much? 

I don't have time to admire the interior as I walk hurriedly to keep up with the maid. As soon as she shows me my room after telling me that Romero's room is next door she leaves. I see my suitcases on my bed.

This bed is similar to the one I have back home. So similar it is almost weird. 

After unpacking everything and putting it into the closet and bathroom.

I get changed into night clothes. Jet lag hitting me on another level as I bury myself in the soft sheets and instantly go to sleep. 

Surrender myself to the darkness. 

Little did she know the very next morning she would be meeting someone new?

Romero

I decided to surprise Natasha. She doesn't know of my arrival.

Even though it is midnight in Italy and she is probably asleep I know of fun ways to wake her up. I'm going to tell her everything. 

The truth about Athena.

I just hope she is still sleeping in my arms at the end of the week. I instruct my maid to tell Athena where to go. My maid is not here all day she was just here for Athena's arrival.