Chapter 36

Athena

I feel nauseous. I was in the kitchen having breakfast and I don't know if it's the smell of bacon or the eggs but it is making me feel sick. 

Absolutely sick. 

I rush to the bathroom not being able to hold this feeling. As soon as I reach the bathroom I puke my guts out. 

What's happening to me? 

I retrace my steps to see if it is something I've eaten but nothing significant comes to mind. My eyes water from the smell of my vomit. 

My stomach cramping up as another feeling hits me. 

"Aahh!" I groan slightly and feel the tears streaming down my cheeks. 

My hair damp and messy while I clutch my stomach. I don't know if Romero is back from wherever he went. 

But I think I need to see someone. 

How am I meant to leave this place without feeling sick again? 

I shiver violently in this humid room. My stomach has stopped lurching and clenching, it feels as though it is bruised inside.

When I am about to get ready to have a shower another wave of sickness hits me. 

And I'm back with my face in the toilet vomiting like my life depends on it.

"What the fuck is that horrible smell?!" I hear his voice and I am not in the mood to deal with it today. 

I can feel the heat on my face as if I have a fever. "Romero. I'm not-," I begin but I can't finish my sentence before the nausea splurges out of my mouth grossly. 

"Did you eat something bad? What happened?" He asks almost as if he was concerned for me. 

He helps me stand up and I feel a glimpse of the old Romero within him. 

"Fuck get up we are going to see a doctor!" He orders me and I try to get up but fail miserably. 

I put on a teddy jacket while Romero directs me into his car with a bucket in case I needed to puke. Obviously I can't get his very expensive car dirty. 

Thank God I wasn't in pyjamas and I was dressed in a white jumper, black jeans and checked vans. He would have dragged me to the doctor's even in my pyjamas. 

"We are here!" He says as he parks the car and comes to the other side to help me out

We leave the bucket in the car and he helps me into the building. It is the first time I'm seeing this side of him since I've arrived in Italy.

"Can we go home? I'm fine Romero just take me back!" The sudden fear of having to see a doctor hits me.

I've always avoided going to the hospital or doctor unless it was an emergency. I don't know what it was but it scared the life out of me.