Chapter 13

^^^^ I listened to this song while writing this chapter. I rlly don't know whyy. 

Romero

This marriage. 

Aunt Rosaline's wishes are finally coming true. 

It is happening. I didn't have it in me to disrespect a soul that treated me like her son.

I couldn't ignore her last wish no matter how much I could. 

I could've left as soon as I read the letter demanding to be no part of this marriage. 

But something held me back. 

The spark in Aunt Rosaline's eyes whenever I was over at their house. She treated me with so much love and if I insulted her by leaving what right did I have to call myself an honest man? 

I haven't talked to Tasha after our facetime the other day. 

The guilt is eating me alive. 

She's called and texted but I've been ignoring. I just hope when I get back to Italy with a fucking wife that she'll forgive me. 

Here we are back at the Valentine mansion to discuss the terms and living conditions of the marriage. 

Our parents have left us alone in this room to discuss like civilised adults but she's on one side and I'm on the other both reluctant to be the first one to speak.

"Let's cut to the chase!" I say breaking the awkward silence.

"We are going to get married. For a year to complete your mother's wish. After that we divorce and go our separate ways!" I offer knowing that I don't want to be stuck to someone I don't love for the rest of my life. 

I want to marry Tasha. One day. 

I want to make her mine. 

"Agreed!" Her whisper I barely hear but I do.

"Here's the contract! Our parents will not know of this!" I tell her to make sure she understands. 

She reads over the contract and signs with confidence. 

"Soo as for living. You will be coming to Italy with my family. You will be staying with me for that year then you can come back!" I tell her my face blank with no remorse. 

The emotion of her face is unreadable as I continue to plan this fake marriage and wish for time with her to end as quickly as possible. 

"Why do I have to uproot my life for this marriage? Why can't you move back here?" She scowls angrily.

I know the reasons of me not moving back. 

My life, my love, half of me is in Italy.

"You will be moving to Italy. End of discussion!" I say firmly. 

We spend the rest of the hour discussing final details for this fake marriage. I tell her how I feel nothing for her and this wedding is for the sole purpose of honouring Aunt Rosaline. 

"I've moved on. Have you?" I ask her a smirk plastered on my features. 

"What do you mean moved on?" She asks me in a small voice. 

Anybody can tell she still has feelings for me. 

Maybe I can use these feelings to my advantage. 

To make her regret saying yes to this marriage. 

To punish her for ruining my life.

"I have a beautiful girlfriend back home waiting for me to return." I say while picturing Natasha waiting for me sexily dressed in lingerie.

"G-Girlfriend?" She stutters slightly. 

"But what about this marriage?" She says. 

"Yes girlfriend. She knows of this marriage. My parents know about her. I am not giving up the best thing that happened to me for you. Never. This marriage may look real but from the inside it is fake." I yell harshly before leaving her in that room to reminisce over the Romero she used to know.

Athena

I don't want to have to uproot my entire life for this marriage that none of us are happy for. 

But I'm going to have to. 

This contract he drew up of this marriage lasting for a year I signed so confidently. I know that a year is enough.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life unhappy. 

And I know Mama wouldn't want that.

 Once we had finished finalising the details. Romero asks, "I've moved on. Have you?" His smirk rests on his lips. 

How has he moved on from all that we had?

When I am just about living with his memories haunting me day and night? 

"What do you mean by moved on?" I know how small my voice must sound. 

I'm afraid to hear the answer.

How quick did he forget the memories? 

How quick did he forget about me? 

Did I mean nothing to him? 

"I have a beautiful girlfriend back home waiting for me to return!" That was his reply. 

I wasn't expecting that. Anything but that.

 A girlfriend? I feel like all those years I spent crushing on him were useless.

He didn't care?

He doesn't care. 

"G-Girlfriend?" I stutter afraid to hear more.

"But what about this marriage?" My eyebrows furrow. 

Does his girlfriend know about this? 

Is she happy with this?

Why would he say yes when he had a girlfriend?

So many question pop in my head. How does she look like? Is she prettier than me? What does he see in her? Does she have blonde hair and blue eyes like me? Did she remind him of me?

I just don't understand why. How quick? 

Why has he moved on when my head is drowning in water? 

Why am I finding it difficult to move on from him? 

When we were nothing but childhood best friends, this fucking crush I had on him is eating me alive. 

"Yes girlfriend. She knows of this marriage. My parents know about her. I am not giving up the best thing that happened to me for you. Never. This marriage may look real but from the inside it is fake." He yells harshly and I flinch at his tone.

All of a sudden he grabs the contract from the table and his belongings before storming out of the room. 

"I will always love you Athena. You have my heart. Nobody else!" Romero grabs my cheeks and pulls me closer.

"Romero?" I whisper softly. 

His lips land on mine softly as he kisses me.

We spend our sleepover together cuddled and stealing kisses. 

He was my first kiss. 

That kiss meant everything to me. And nothing to him. 

A/N:

What do you guys think about Romero's contract?

Does Athena still have feelings for Romero?

Will their marriage even last for a year?

Comment and Vote. 

Soul x