Chapter 33

Sorry for the time skip essential for the story <3

Athena

A month flew by, today is our last day together.

Our last day. 

I don't want to leave. 

But how can I stay? I can't.

Romero can't know where I've been the past month. If he finds out I will be back in the red room and I don't want to be there. 

I am dressed in ripped red jeans and a red jumper.

It is time. 

This goodbye is going to be so much harder than the others. Especially because my heart, body and soul is yearned to stay right in his apartment, in his arms where nothing can go wrong. 

This is my safety net. I feel safe and happy and whole in his arms. 

How am I supposed to leave him knowing that I'm losing a part of myself? 

When I had forgotten to live he is the one who shows me the way. 

When I felt like the world was falling apart around me he made me feel as though it wasn't as bad he made me smile. 

When I felt like nothing could heal this depression and loneliness he managed to complete this broken heart.

I need Dante, without him I am nobody. I have this feeling in my chest an emptiness now that I'm leaving him.

I'm lost and the only way to be found again is if I am in his arms. 

One more time. 

Leaving is killing my soul. 

It is isn't easy to leave when it is the only option available. I can stay with him in his arms. 

But I know Romero won't let that happen, he will find me and force me back to that mansion. Then he'll punish me in that fucking weird as fuck red room.

If I stay I am going to lose him even more. 

If I go there is a chance that we can make this love work. 

I pack the last few things I have around the room that we shared this past month with tears streaming down my face. I don't want to leave the only person in Italy who makes me feel loved. 

All of that is soon going to be gone and I will end up with no one except myself again.

In that cold empty mansion. 

I walk towards him and hug the life out of him. His arms wrap around my body so perfectly. I hug him and cry into his chest.

"No tears bambolina!" He soothes me grabs my hand and places it on top of his heart.

"This belongs to you. Always. There are no goodbyes for the love we share mi amore!"

These feelings I have for him can't end until my body ceases to function and my soul is released for whatever comes after. 

I hope that somehow they are embedded into my soul that our love will endure. Even on my dark days my love for him rides underneath it all, keeping my mind from sinking into the mire that claims me in the past. 

I know that however deep I fear I've fallen, he will be there like solid ground steady me, giving me time to climb back into positivity. 

"I don't know how I'm supposed to live without you" I whisper into his chest. 

"I'll be there with you even if you won't be able to see me. I'll always be there. I'm only one phone call away." He pecks the top of my head and whispers back to me and just like that I get the slightest glimmer of hope. 

I pull away from him and grip his hand tightly. "I love you" I say and with one last tear shedding down my face. 

The nausea swirls unrestrained in my empty stomach. 

My head swims with half-formed regrets. 

My heart feels as if my blood had become tar as it struggles to keep a steady beat.

My melancholy mood hangs over me like a black cloud, raining my personal sorrow down on me wherever I went. 

Streaming tears cleans my red cheeks. Few droplets remain, forgetting their way as the path was swept from beneath them, consequently blurring my vision with waves of sadness from our possibly last encounter. 

The salty release calmly flowed into her mouth so that she could taste her own sorrow. Breathy gasps reverberate through the beach. I am crying uncontrollably. 

My body feels void. A dark void. A never ending void that consumes me whole so that I am left with nothing but this emptiness.

Nothing to subside my hollow soul. 

This emptiness is so overwhelming I cannot bare to pretend that everything is going to be okay. 

Nothing will be okay. 

Because I am going to away from the person that makes me feel safe. I can't pretend that everything is going to be because it is not. Not without Dante by my side. 

I let go. This is it. This is goodbye. 

I amble my way to the door and before I grab onto the handle.

I look back one last time wishing this will just all be a dream. 

But it isn't. 

It was reality and reality hurts more than dreams. 

"Don't I get a goodbye kiss bambolina?" He repeats the same words he did when he dropped me back on our date.

"I'm scared." I mumble before pressing lips onto his. 

"I'll figure something out. I'll find a way to make your stay with me permanent. Don't worry." With one last kiss to his soft lips I know I'm going to have to leave. 

"Can you touch me one last time?" I beg almost wanting to feel the burning sensation his touch leaves on my skin. 

He pulls my body onto his lap where I feel him harden. He pulls my jumper which is tucked into my jeans. 

Thank God the windows of his car are tinted. He puts his head underneath my jump and does his magic trick. 

I feel his lips everything igniting my soul. His soft caress massaging my breasts, sucking, kissing and biting onto the soft flesh marking me as his. 

Once he is done our lips mould one last time before he mumbles sadly, "I'll see you soon bambolina!" 

With my suitcase in one hand and my soul and heart in his I walk back into the mansion. 

My nightmare. 

With one last look to his car I turn back and face Romero. 

I'm going to miss you Dante.

A/N:

Your soulmate or your Mama's last wish?

Athena has to decide to listen to her heart or listen to her Mama. 

What would she choose?

Read to find out ;)

Comment and Vote. 

Soul x