Chapter 17

This may or may not relate to this chapter but this song hits differently. 

Athena

It is my last day in America. 

Last day in the Valentine Mansion. 

Last day with Papa. 

My suitcases have been packed and are in the car. Everything I once owned is coming with me. Leaving no remains or traces of Athena Valentine behind.

Mama's locket is around my neck and I already know I am not going to take it off anytime soon. My room is stripped of identity. 

It is bare, empty just like my heart. 

The bed is still there, the wardrobe is still there everything is still there except for my necessities. But the emptiness has tainted the four walls. Enveloping my room since birth whole. 

Carrying its gloominess and making the Valentine mansion even quieter. There will be no one but Papa and the staff left in this mansion. I'm scared to leave Papa alone. 

I wish he could leave everything behind to come with me but he can't.

Everything is here. 

Valentine Inc. 

Valentine mansion. 

Everything. 

But without Mama I'm afraid he'll find solace in those bottles. Day and night. There'll be no one to look after him when I'm gone.

For that reason an unsettling feeling brews in the pit of my stomach. Leaving my room I head towards the hallway. 

Loud noises and laughter coming from the living room as I enter. Nikolas and Julia and Papa are all laughing while looking at a scrapbook. No doubt the scrapbook that Mama left for them. Alyssa is here a ghostly smile shadowing her face. 

Nikolas sees me coming and announces, "I believe it is time to go. Romero is waiting at the airport." 

This is where I say goodbye. 

Alyssa grabs me into a bear hug. I'm glad she did because I don't have the words to say goodbye to Papa. 

"Call me every day bitch. And if Romero does anything to hurt you I'll be on the next flight to Italy!" She threatens with an evil smirk on her face. 

I can't help but laugh. 

"I'm going to miss you Lyssa!" My voice is small as I tighten the hug. 

"I'm going to miss u too babe. But hey it's not forever right? I'll come visit when I have time. And you can visit too!" She says.

Once we have finished I look at Papa who has tears in his eyes.

This is going to be my hardest goodbye.

It was time.

The time I know would come sooner or later but dreaded. I know it was inevitable as soon as the marriage was set in stone. 

I have to say goodbye to the only person left that loves and cares about me.

I have to say goodbye to the only person that I feel happy with. 

How was I supposed to do it knowing I am leaving him alone? 

All those times before Mama's passing he was the light, he showed me right and wrong and the right path. 

When I felt like nothing could make me feel better, he managed to put a slight smile on my face with his corny jokes. 

"I don't want to leave you here alone Papa!" I whimper softly as I bury my head in his chest while he strokes my hair. 

"I know bambino. I know but you're a wife now. I'll handle it fine. You need to be with your husband." He tries to explain and tears slip down my cheeks. 

"Please take care of yourself. No drinking." I tell him. 

"I'm going to miss you so fucking much!" I say to myself. 

"Language darling." He jokes around. 

I can't help but laugh at this.

"There's no goodbye. I'll see you soon!" He pecks my forehead and lets me go. 

"I trust my daughter is safe in your hands." Papa puts on a blank expression on when facing Nikolas and Julia. 

"Of course Aodhan. She is our daughter now!" Nikolas nods.

"She is part of our family now. She will be safe. Don't worry too much Aodhan!" Julia smiles at me. 

These brick walls have been my cocoon for the years I needed their sanctuary, and I thank them. 

Today I leave home. 

I leave a place that has been my childhood cocoon. I love this home and the community around it so much that for now I can only bury this pain and hope to deal with it later. 

To those that take my place it is only walls, the streets only concrete, but to me there is love here. As I turn to depart I feel part of my soul imprint onto the walls, a parting gift from me to this place.

I see Papa standing in the doorway trying to hide his tears from me. 

But I see them. I see them fall as I get into the car on my way to the airport. 

To Italy. 

Not as Athena Rosa Valentine.

But as a Moretti. 

A/N:

A short filler chapter. 

Next chapter she will be arriving in Italy. 

What do you guys think about the goodbyes?

Do you think she will be safe with them?

Comment and Vote. 

Soul x