Chapter 9

Athena

Never not in a millions did I think that I would be attending a funeral. Let alone my mother's. 

It's the morning of the funeral. Here I am. 

Everyone has left me alone. Knowing I need space and time to heal. 

Heal what? This pain will always be here. 

Nobody is going to take this aching pain away from me. 

It's a reminder of what I have lost. 

Romero and his family are residing in a hotel and are attending the funeral. Alyssa and Kyle are coming. Everyone who was lucky to experience the kindness of my mother's beautiful soul is coming.

The cold shower is on as I let the water cascade down my body. Not caring that I'm shivering. The coldness resembling my heart. 

How numb and cold I've become? 

I don't want to leave the bathroom knowing I have to say something at the funeral. 

I have to be cold and emotionless. 

I can't let anymore tears fall. 

I wish that were the case. 

I leave the shower and dry my whole body. I have picked out a black bodycon bustier spaghetti strap dress to wear. It is a little revealing but I will feel comfortable in it.

(A/N: Ik the dress is inappropriate but it makes her feel confident and unbroken in it)

Comfortable enough to pretend I'm not affected. Curling my blonde brown hair, I finish and apply subtle make up on my face. 

This is it.

Slipping my feet into red soled Black Louboutins I leave my room. I enter the hallway to see Papa sleeping on the couch empty champagne bottles littering the floor. 

It's affecting him. 

I thought he was calm and collected at the hospital seems like he was waiting for me to leave him alone.

He's drinking away the pain. Tears prick my eyes but I don't let them fall. 

"Papa!" I wake try waking him up by calling him. 

But he's not listening. Out of it. 

Wasted. Wasted in the pain.

"DAD!" I scream loudly. 

His body stands up abruptly with a jolt and he looks around. 

"Rosa?" He says confusedly.

"Today's the funeral!" I say blankly showing no emotion.

A pain struck expression hits his face as he looks at my attire shaking his head in disapproval. He doesn't say anything.

This dress is what is helping me from showing no emotion, it is giving me the false confidence I need.