Chapter 43

Athena

After being discharged from the hospital we arrive back at the apartment.

 A stirring pit of refusal and despair fills me. I know the exact reason why. 

The beautiful baby girl in my arms. 

Mirella Hope Martino. Our daughter.

I have to give her up no matter what my instincts tell me.

They tell me to stay with my baby girl and Dante. 

They tell me to keep her safe from Romero and everyone. 

Her soft cries fill the room and I quickly get her from the car seat and quieten her down. Despite the tears rolling down my own cheeks I comfort her. 

"Mommy loves you!" I peck her cheek.

I don't want to do this to her. 

A mother's love is unmatched. 

And she won't be able to receive any of it. Who is going to feed her? Who is going to change her nappies and bathe her? 

Dante will try his best but he will need my support.

"I don't want to leave you!" I choke my sobs becoming louder. 

As if noticing her mother's discomfort and her fuel for hunger Mirella lets out a high pitched cry. My baby girl is hungry.

I pull my jumper up and place her lips carefully near my breast and she begins suckling. Stroking her blonde brown hair I gaze into her light blue eyes. She was really hungry. 

At that moment Dante walks in with the hospital bag and stuff from the car. My teary eyes meet his and he shakes his head mumbling a few words in Italian that I can't comprehend. Once Mirella is full I cover myself before wrapping her in her blanket and putting her in her cot. 

"I don't want to leave you or our baby Dante." I murmur my lower lips trembling from fear. 

I don't know Romero anymore. I don't know how far he will take this if I don't return. Just like that my phone begins ringing and I know who it is. 

There's only one person who can put so much fear inside of me. 

"Dante!" I clutch his shirt as my whole body starts shaking.

I shake my head. 

I don't want to go back there. 

Mama wouldn't want me to be hurt by a monster.

"Don't cry amore. You are never going back to that bastardo. Not on my watch!" He pecks my forehead and picks up the phone.

Dante

We both knew this day was coming. After these 6 months knowing she had to go back to him. I won't let it happen. 

They are my family. 

Mirella needs her mom. I need my bambolina. 

I've worked so hard in the past few months to take them away from him. A remote secluded location where he won't be able to find us. Somewhere I can keep both my baby girls safe. 

I won't let her slip. Not this time. 

I want her safe. With me. By my side. 

Our beautiful daughter deserves a life with both parents. Not one. When I walked into our apartment, she was feeding Mirella with tears in her eyes. 

She didn't want to leave. Now she is holding me so tightly afraid to go back there. I am never letting her leave me.

Never. 

"I don't want to leave you or our baby Dante!" Her lips tremble as the tears come out. Just then her phone begins ringing. 

We both know who it is without speaking. "Dante!" She clutches my shirt tightly as her whole form begins shaking.

"Don't cry amore. You are never going back to that bastardo. Not on my watch."

I grab her phone off the couch and answer it. Instead of speaking I let the bastard speak. 

"6 months are over. When are you coming back Ena?" I hear that bastard's smug voice and feel like killing him. 

"How about never?" I smirk knowing that he won't ever find them. 

Not when we are leaving tonight. 

"Put it on speaker Dante!" I hear Athena whisper and I do so. 

"Ena!" He says and my blood boils. 

"Don't call her that. She is mine Moretti. You will never get the chance to hurt her again!" I growl furiously down the line. 

"Guess her mother means shit to her. Oh well. She will come back to me Martino. It is only a matter of time!" And Romero hangs up leaving both Athena and I am shocked to the core. "I'm not going back to him. Never!" Athena begins shaking her head. 

"Baby start packing the necessities. We'll buy everything else." I kiss her forehead. 

Her eyes widen and she begins nodding. I have many apartments scattered around Italy ones Romero has never known about or been to.

They will be safe. 

They have to. 

They are my end and beginning. 

A/N:

Will Athena go back to him?

Will they be safe?

Comment and vote. 

Soul x