Chapter 26

Athena

100,000 Euros. 

For me. For A date with me. 

I'm still on the stage, looking at the crowd unwilling to meet Romero's eyes. 

I thought I'd have no chance to be one of the five especially since the room is full of many women. 

But I have been chosen. 

I still don't know who bid that much money on me. But I'm directed backstage and my eyes meet his. 

The hazel green of his eyes full of a fire ready to burn out all opponents. But thank God for the people whisking me away. 

Guess he's going to have to go home by himself tonight.

I just hope whoever bid on me is not a 50 year old horny man with wife and kids. Hey I mean it could happen. 

If it is I'd prefer Romero any day.

"Athena Rosa. So we are going to introduce the man who bid on you. From there you can start the date and spend the night if you want." A lady comes up to me.

We are in a box room and behind that door is a guy that could either make me forget or make me run away. 

The door opens and I swear my heart skips a beat. 

I am a little afraid of who is going to walk in.

But when the door opens I slowly look up I did not expect him. 

He has a big smirk on his face. 

I was definitely not expecting this. 

But inside I'm relieved that it is not a horny old man. 

"It's nice to see you bambolina!" His voice is as smooth as ever. 

I try my best not to run into his arms opting for a side hug and kiss on the cheek.

It is Dante. 

Dante Luca Martino.

He bid 100,000 euros on me. 

For what a date? And a night at his apartment? 

Then I slap his chest playfully, "That was such a waste of money!" Then I realise what I did. 

The intensity of it.

Will he hit me? Like Romero does? 

"I had to save you even if it just a single night from that asshole I call a friend!" He chuckles as he leads me out of the building. 

Arms wound around my waist as we head towards his fancy sports car. 

Whenever I'm with him a permanent smile is on my face. He brings out the child in me. 

I don't know why, I don't know how but his energy and vibe is infectious. And I hope that this ordeal was with him and not Romero. 

At lease I'd be a little less hurt.

"So this date? Anywhere special!" I tease him while smiling. 

"Wherever you want bambolina." He says while driving and one hand clasped in mine. 

The fire ignited in my whole body from just a simple touch. 

"These heels are killing me Dante. How about we order take out?" I complain and take my heels off in his car. 

"Sure let's take you home!" He says and I freeze instantly. 

"I don't want to go back home. Please don't take me to Romero. I want to be away from him. Please!" My thoughts all scrambled as soon as he mentions home. 

"Calm down Athena." He rubs slow circles on my hands. 

"I meant my home. My apartment. Don't worry amore you aren't going back until the morning." His words calm my nerves. 

"Sorry!" I mumble shakily. 

"Don't apologise bambolina." 

The car stops and we arrive at his apartment. Expecting something small but when I am met with a penthouse apartment; cozy and having a homey feel to it I love it. 

"I love it!" I take a seat on his couch getting comfortable it is crazy how Dante went through so much for a simple date and night with me.

Shows how much I mean to him. Well that's what I think anyway. 

Dante ends up ordering Chinese takeout my favourite. 

"Do you have clothes I can change into?" I ask him the all too tight dress making me feel uncomfortable. 

He nods going into a room and coming back with a black shirt and grey joggers. I get changed into them in the bathroom and come out embarrassed. 

They are a little bit too big for me. 

"Dante it's so big!" I say. 

"That's what she said!" He jokes and I slap his chest playfully while laughing. 

But he fixes the joggers for me tightening it around my body with the drawstrings. While we wait we end up playing video games. 

I did not know a grown man like Dante was into video games. 

"No you cheated!" I exclaim when he wins the video game. 

"How did I cheat?" He replies smugly. 

Our takeout arrived ages ago and we played video games while eating. 

"You kept distracting me so you would win!" I pout and put the controller on the side and face the other way in mock anger. 

"Do I distract you?" I can feel his breath so close to the side of my ear.

I shiver in delight. 

This is wrong. 

I nod afraid to speak afraid I might choke. 

"Did I say how beautiful you look in my clothes?" He exclaims and I can feel the heat of his body so close to mine. 

I am married. And I'm loving the touch of another man. 

But Romero is out with Natasha probably not giving any shits about me even being here. He wouldn't care. 

I have to think for myself. 

There's so much regret knowing I can't fulfil Mama's wish but what about my feelings?

What about the sparks and tingles I feel whenever Dante is near me?

Where do I put those feelings?

Turning my body around I face him our eyes lock blue to brown. "I can't feel this way towards you!" I express out loud. 

Dante smiles softly, "Feel what way?!" 

That was the breaking point for me. When his lips touch mine, I am undone.

I can't stop. I climb onto his lap as he kisses me and cradles my cheek. 

Our kiss slow and sensual. When we pull away both of us are breathless. 

"Let's go to bed bambolina!" 

With that said we climb into Dante's bed and cuddle and kiss until darkness envelopes us. 

A/N:

Dante bid on her. Let's hope she gets one night to herself. 

Should Athena go against her Mama's wish?

Should she control her feelings?

What do you think Dante's motives are?

Comment and Vote. 

Soul x