Chapter 25

The person in the picture wearing the dress is not Athena.

Athena

He comes back ordering me around like I'm his lapdog. 

But I'm afraid to speak up. I'm afraid to say no. 

After what happened last time I don't think I want to see his monstrous side again. So when he comes storming into the house without Natasha may I add at 7:00 in the afternoon, I say yes. 

Yes to when he says I must accompany him to a charity auction.

To show everyone that we are the powerful Moretti couple. 

"Hurry the fuck up bitch. I don't have all day!" He shouts from downstairs as I try to find something to wear. 

After finding the perfect dress which was a rose gold spaghetti strap dress. Simple and backless.

I curl my blonde brown hair and leave it out

I curl my blonde brown hair and leave it out. After finishing my makeup and settling on a bold red lip and slipping my feet into rose gold heels I am done. I make sure to cover the bruises with concealer. 

They are still there as if reminding me not to get on Romero's bad side. 

"You better be fucking ready!" The fury in his voice evident and I can hear the voice coming closer and closer. 

My breathing becomes uneven and I don't know how to breathe.

But I control myself, trying to calm my breathing down before he slams the door to my room open. 

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

The door is thrown open and Romero stands there in a smart suit a scowl permanently etched onto his face.

"What the fuck are you wearing whore?" He looks at me and unshed tears sting my eyes. 

I thought this looked good. This dress made me feel confident. 

"You are lucky we are running late. Or I'd fucking show you what whores do?" He leaves and I follow him to the car. 

The drive to the auction is dead silent. No music. No radio. Nothing. But he decides to cut the silence. 

"We go you speak to no one. If they ask you anything you ignore or say you need to find me. Is that understood?" He snaps and orders me.

What the hell? 

Why would you take me out if I am not allowed to talk to anyone? 

"Is that understood?" He repeats angrily but I don't answer. 

I can feel the fire crawling to my veins. 

"Why the fuck would you bring me here if I'm not allowed to talk to anyone?" It spills out of my mouth like word vomit.