ᴇᴅᴡɪɴ ᴊᴏᴇʟ ʜᴏɴᴏʀᴇᴛ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓮: 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓮𝓭𝔀𝓲𝓷 𝓹𝓾𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂'𝓼 𝓷𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Let's just say that when you and Edwin were designing and putting together your baby's nursery, Edwin spared no expense. He probably would've gone to China and back just to get your baby the perfect bedsheets.

He hired a professional wallpaperer to wallpaper the accent wall for you. He bought pretty much (woohoo) the most expensive crib he could find. Heck, he even installed a chandelier himself (which, you had to admit, you were afraid for because Edwin was by no means the best person to go for if you needed anything related to home renovations).

Your only qualm with him being so involved was that he wasn't involving you at all.

Sure, he let you show him the way you wanted her room decorated, but that was about it. He let you do the creative work while he did all the physical work.

So, one day while he was finishing up on painting the walls, you decided to confront him about it.

"Edwin," you spoke softly as you entered your future baby's nursery.

"Hmm?" he responded from the top of the step ladder where he stood painting.

"Is there any reason why you haven't been involving in this?"

"In what?" he asked, getting off the step ladder and walking over to you.

"This whole process of creating our daughter's room? I haven't done a single thing in here," you expressed to him.

"Sure, you have. You designed this whole room basically on your own," he mentioned.

"Yeah, but you won't let me do any of the physical work."

"You and baby need your rest," he kissed your forehead.

"Eddy, I'm twenty weeks along, not nine months."

"I just don't want you getting hurt."

"I want to help in here, even if it means I'll have to physically pry this paintbrush out of your hand."

"There's some extras over there," he pointed to some paintbrushes and paint rollers. "But the second you make any kind of noise that could remotely mean you feel bad, I will physically pick you up and put you in our bed."

The rest of your day was spent helping him paint, him of course painting all the higher parts of the walls because he was NOT going to let you on that ladder.

Soon, the two of you were finished, both of you covered in paint, but you still looked at each other with admiration as if there were no mess whatsoever.

"I am absolutely in love with both this nursery and you," you smiled up at Edwin as you took in the sight of your baby's future bedroom.

"You don't even know how in love I am with you," he rested his head on top of yours.

"Our baby is gonna have the best father ever."

"And mother."

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

A/N: i lowkey hate most of this but at least the nursery is really cute 🤷🏻‍♀️