ɴɪᴄʜᴏʟᴀꜱ ᴄᴀʀᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴀʀᴀ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓮: 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓴 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

You had just turned fourteen weeks and were dying to find out the gender so you requested the help of Nick's sister, Mia, to throw the party for you.

So, of course, because you were having the party on December 1st, she chose a Christmas theme.

She had told you that you were having it during the evening which you thought was weird because most gender reveal parties were during the day but regardless, you went along with it.

Kai had been going around and taking votes as to what the two of you were having, wanting to get footage for the video he was filming for you and Nick.

"Ed, what do you think they're gonna have?" Kai asked, walking over to where the three of you were chatting.

"My favorite uncle instincts are telling me boy so I'm sticking with that," he chuckled.

"Alright, you two are last. Final thoughts before you find out the gender of your baby?"

"I want a boy," was all that Nick said.

"I'm fine with either gender. I think maybe I'm pulling more for girl and maybe that's why I picked this dress but I honestly just want a healthy baby," you spoke to the camera.

"Welp, one of you is gonna get the gender you want," Kai joked.

Soon, it was dark outside and you were beginning to wonder if Mia would ever tell you it was time to find out.

"Okay, we're finally finished outside. Are you guys ready to find out the gender of your baby?" she asked when she finally came back in.

"Yes!" you yelled impatiently.

Mia guided all the guests outside before walking the two of you outside last.

"Okay, so on the count of three, I want you guys to plug in the Christmas lights. Whatever color the lights are is the gender of your baby," she informed the two of you.

She then handed you the cord to the lights and then handed Nick the extension cord for you to plug the cord into.

"3, 2, 1!" the crowd cheered before you plugged the cord in.

"You got your wish, Nicky!" you screamed, wrapping your arms around his neck and kissing him

"Dude, I'm so happy!" he yelled back.

Your dad and sisters quickly ran over to hug you, seeming somehow even more excited than you were.

"I can't wait to meet him!" Micah yelled, giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"I've been praying this whole time it would be a boy," Johanna admitted to you, hugging you after Micah had let go.

"Your mom would've been so happy," your dad gave you a kiss on the head.

His comment made you cry a little bit, Nick wrapping his arms around you to comfort you.

"Dude, I'm so excited to meet him," Edwin exclaimed once he had walked over to hug you.

"I can't wait for him to meet you," you hugged your best friend.

Soon, the party was over and you and Nick were upstairs getting ready for bed after such a long day.

"I hope he has your hair," Nick spoke as you crawled in the bed beside him.

"I hope he looks nothing like me and only looks like you," you replied, kissing him.

"Why?"

"Because you're the most handsome, chivalrous man I've ever met."

"Well, you're the most beautiful, kind, lovely lady I've ever met which is why I hope he looks nothing like me and only looks like you."

"You're gonna be the best dad," you smiled over at him.

"And you're gonna be the most amazing mom and wife."

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

A/N: sorry the ending is bad but i really like the announcement so 🤷🏻‍♀️