58 - Just A Dream.

"Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're alright."

Before You Start Your Day ~ Twenty O̷ne Pilots

° ° ° °

I wake up drenched in a pile of cold sweat with my heart racing and tears staining my cheeks.

It was just a dream.

I immediately check on my wound to make sure, the stitches are still there.

Oh my lord thank god it was just a dream.

I take a moment to breath and let my heart rate go back to normal before wiping my tears away with the hem of my sleeve and checking my phone for the time.

The clock reads 11:30 pm.

I jump out of my bed and run outside into the living room to look for ryder, he has to be back now.

"laynie? What's wrong? You look like shit." alex asks

"gee thanks, I'm okay. where's ryder?"

"l got off the phone with chase a while ago they're on their way here, what happened?"

I sigh in relief, thank you god. Thank you.

"j-just a bad dream, nothing to worry about."

"are you sure?"

"yeah."

"okay umm you haven't eaten anything since yesterday how about l get you something to eat?"

"thanks but I'm not really hungry." l give him a half smile

"alright.." him and eli exchange looks for second before l excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

I relieve my bladder wash my face and change out of my sweaty clothes before taming my wild hair and stepping out of the bathroom when l look presentable enough.

As I'm about to leave the room alex stops me  and asks "hey is everything alright? You haven't been eating much lately or doing really anything at all."

"yeah, yeah I'm okay. Just a little stressed."

"you can talk to me laynie, you know that right? Just because the circumstances have changed doesn't mean you can't anymore, I'm still here." he gives me a reassuring look

"yeah, l know it's just been crazy and l don't really know how to process it you know? But thank you alex, you're the best friend anyone could ever ask for." l shoot him a thankful smile

He smirks in response "l know."

I smack his shoulder and roll my eyes as we both exit the room, flicking the room's lights off in the process.

I grab an apple from the kitchen and join them on the couch in attempt to take my mind off the dream.

He's fine. You heard alex, he's on his way here.

I decide to join the conversation to get my mind off ryder for a while.

"so what did you guys do all day?" l ask taking a bite out of my apple.

Eli smirks at alex and alex gives him a look saying 'shut your goddamn mouth'.

"Ooo what do we have here? Spill the damn tea." l smirk and give eli a look telling him to do it.

"come on man she's going to find out either way!" eli gives alex a pleading look and alex sighs in defeat

"Yes!" eli turns to look at my with a smirk and says "alex and bella are dating!"