43 - Hate.

Fix You ~ Coldplay

° ° ° °

We all watched Frozen ll in the living room before deciding that it was time to go to bed.

That was nearly three hours ago, I haven't been able to sleep since.

Normally I sleep rather fast, but today the voices are overwhelmingly loud.

I grab my phone from my nightstand and turn on my sleep playlist maybe that'll help.

° ° ° °

I slowly open my eyes only to be blinded by the sunlight shining through my window, God how I hate the way the sun shines every morning.

I blow out a sigh and get up to close the curtains before crashing back into bed.

I check the digital clock on my wall, 8:46 am.

After a few minutes of battling my mind about how I have to get up because Ryder can be here any second, I finally manage to pull myself out of bed.

I stumble into the bathroom and shut the door before looking at myself in the mirror.

My hair is a mess, my eyes are red and swollen from crying myself to sleep last night, my clothes are all wrinkled and I practically look like something out of The Walking Dead.

This isn't the Laynie I knew, the girl standing in front of me right now is unrecognizable to me and I fucking hate it.

I look away from the mirror and start washing my face.

Once I'm done, I dry it with a fresh towel, brush my teeth, put some deodorant on and change out of my pajamas.

I pull out a fresh pair of underwear and a hoodie, black jeans and quickly change into them before brushing through my hair.

I haven't taken a proper shower in days now, as disgusting as it is, I can't seem to find it in me to stand for long or see my naked body, saying that I hate it would be an understatement.

Walking out of the bathroom, I grab my phone from my nightstand and check it.

From Alex:

Hey, are you okay? You haven't been active lately and you didn't seem fine when you left my house.

Yesterday at 7:36 pm

From Alex:

I'm starting to get worried, I called you multiple times but it went straight to voicemail. Text me back when you get this.

Today at 6:54 am

I ignore his texts and slip my phone into the pocket of my jeans before pulling on a pair of white socks and my black Doc Martins.

I place my suitcase next to the front door and sigh before pulling on my usual fake smile and walking into the living room.

"Good morning guys." I mumble as I walk in.

Everyone says it back and Ace just waves in response.

"Laynie!" Hunter immediately jumps in my arms.