8 - Spare Key.

I pull out my phone from the front pocket of my sweatpants as I wait for Alex to call me back in and check the time.

12:23 AM.

As I'm about to turn off the screen something catches my eye.

12 missed calls from dad.

My dad is an ass, he left after my parents got a divorce 7 years ago and hasn't even bothered to visit his kids on the holidays yet he won't leave me alone. It's so damn confusing because if he loved me then he'd be with me if he didn't then why won't he leave me alone?

I ignore the missed calls and scroll through my phone for a while in attempt to pass time. Hannah took Hunter to her friend's house until we're allowed back in our house so it's only me in the waiting room now.

I decide to go get Alex some fresh clothes while I wait for them since his are torn up now.

As soon as I step one foot away from the shealded hospital entrance I feel like I had just steped under a shower, except I'm fully clothed.

I ignore the rain that's pouring on my head and walk to my car with my right covering my phone in my pocket to avoid it getting wet as much as possible.

I make it to the car and as I'm going to unlock it I remember that I was unconscious when I got here meaning Hannah must've brought my car and took an uber back to her friend's house.

I shrug and hop inside.

After a while I arrive at Alex's house and the neighbourhood is dead quiet.

The weird thing about this neighbourhood is that after midnight it's always goes freakishly dead silent, it's almost like everyone dies after midnight.

I step out of the car and close the door as quietly as I can and walk up to his front porch.

A while ago, he insisted on giving me a spare key so I could come over whenever I liked since his bedroom is on the second floor so I can't just climb in, but I never actually used the key I just knock a certain way so he knows it's me and he always comes rushing to open it.

And yes his dad is completely fine with me having a spare key.

I dig in my pocket for the keys and realize I left the keys in the pocket of my jeans and my jeans are still in Alex's bathroom. I sigh and walk back to my car figuring his dad will just have to come get him some clothes himself.

I slam my car door shut, start the car and speed off back to the hospital.

I'm a dumbass.