25 - Bipolar.

The bell rings indicating that class is finally over.

I stand up, grabbing my books and making my way to the next class.

Earlier in class l thought I'd won the little argument- for the lack of a better word -Ryder and l had, until he went back to being his normal cocky self.

I shut my locker and almost have a heart attack when l see alex standing right in front of me with a huge grin on his face.

"Geez Alex, thanks for the mini heart attack." l sigh.

"You will not believe what happened yesterday!"

"What?" l ask, a small smile forming on my face at how excited he is.

"Dad got me a dog!!!" he almost shouts.

"A dog!? Oh my God really? I love dogs! You gotta let me see it!" l giggle in excitement.

"l will! Come to my house after school. I named her Bellatrix." he smiles as we make our way to our next class, history, which we have together.

"I thought you'd say Lily or something but Bellatrix?... I love it." l mumble, referring to to Harry Potter.

His smile grows ten times wider at the mention of me liking it.

° ° ° °

Alex told Eli and Blair about Bellatrix and invited them over to his house to spend some time with her after we finish the little meeting Robert assigned for us to have together.

Blair had texted Ryder telling him to meet us at the same spot and to suck it up.

We arrive at the same park we were in yesterday and take a seat at the same table, where Ryder is already waiting.

To say that I was- and still am -terrified to see that asshole again would be an understatement.

Eli, Blair and Alex start talking about random things that l pay no attention to as l fidget with the string of my hoodie to pass the time.

I can almost feel Ryder's gaze burning through my skull but l try my best to pretend it's not there.

"Laynie." alex nudges me.

"What?" l ask, annoyance lacing my tone.

I'm not mad at anyone, just a bit anxious, which can sometimes come off as being annoyed.

"Eli, Blair and l are going to get ice cream from that shop over there, are you coming?" he asks.

"No you guys can go, I'll wait here, thanks."

He shoots me a confused look but nods anyway.

As I watch them make their way to the shop, l freeze realizing what l had just done.

Ryder and l are alone.

Shit.

I carefully glance up at him to find him still starting.

"Can you like not?" l ask, referring to the little staring contest he's so determined to win despite the fact that I'm not even playing.

"What?" he raises an eyebrow.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about, stop it with the staring contest." I deadpan.

"Maybe l would if you could stop acting like l'm about to pull out a gun and shoot you dead."

"I-I'm not even doing that."

Great! Just perfect! My voice decided to give up on me now.

He smirks "Your voice says otherwise."

"Fine whatever. Just stop staring at me." l pathetically mumble, trying my best to make as less eye contact with him as I can.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" he questions, ignoring what l had just told him.

"Calm your horses, you're not that good looking." this time l smirk, trying to play it cool.

He rolls his eyes "You know what l mean, l don't think I've ever seen you hold eye contact with anyone for more than two seconds."

"So what you're saying is you've been stalking me?" l quote his own words.

He once again rolls his eyes and ignores my remark "I mean it, why do you do that?"

"Why do you care?"

"I don't know, I just do? So tell me."

"You're confusing as hell Ryder. One minute you're a cocky stuck up asshole and the other you're a normal person, why don't you tell me what's up with that?"

"Look I'm not a bad person okay, as hard as it is to believe I'm not. Just please don't hate me."

Please?

Did he just say please?

Ryder Max Stone just said please?

I look up at him, surprised at what he just said but choosing to ignore it for now "There you go again, you're being nice. And tomorrow in math class you're going to be an ass again. Why?"

"I'll explain everything to you later if you promise to stop looking at me like l murdered your dog."

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

He smiles when he sees me laugh.

Is it possible that maybe he's not that bad?

"l swear to god your bipolar."

He rolls his eyes at that and looks away.

° ° ° °

There! Finally laynie and Ryder are getting along

If you made it this far in the story l want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and I'm sorry the chapters have been so short lately l have been feeling extra shitty.

This morning l couldn't get out of bed and when my mom asked me what's wrong l told her I'm just really tired so she let me stay home from school and l cried my eyes out the moment she left the room; I'm telling you this just to let you know that I'm not being lazy I've just been feeling really depressed and it's draining all the energy out of me.

Once again I'm really sorry and I'm beyond grateful for those of you who are still reading.

Let me know what you think of the story so far in the comments and if you think there's anything i should change or add to the story, l would love to read your opinions!

Lots of love, Sera xxxx 🖤🖤