24- Consequences.

"It's getting kind of late, l should probably go now." Eli pushes himself back up into a sitting position as we finish our conversation.

"What? No way in hell, you're staying." l sit up next to him.

"My dad wouldn't freak out if he didn't find me tomorrow morning and the consequences won't be great." he mumbles, bitterly yet nervously chuckling at that last part.

Consequences.

I know exactly what he's talking about.

It's not okay for Eli's father to hit him, and it's definitely not okay for Eli to think that it is.

I should say something.

But we barely know each other...

But his dad hits him.

What if I'm just assuming the worst...

So many questions ran through my mind until l eventually decided to stay silent, hoping I'm just being a pessimist.

I know I will regret this later, but I've been in his place before and I know it's not that simple.

"Well I'm not driving you back so have fun walking all the way there." l pat his upper leg and stand up.

"So you're kidnapping me?" he stands up, grabbing the snack bowl and following me out of my backyard.

"You can call it that." l shrug, making my way to my bedroom.

I could practically feel him rolling his eyes as l open my bedroom door and walk in "Fine, I'll stay."

° ° ° °

My whole night basically consisted of me tossing and turning next to a sleeping Eli.

I sit up and groan at the sunlight piercing through the window disturbing my non existant sleep.

I check my phone to see that it's 7 am.

We're going to be late for school, again.

"Eli, get up, we're gonna be late for school." I lightly shake him awake, secretly hoping he wouldn't wake up and we'd just stay home for the day.

He groans in response and sits up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "I fucking hate school."

"Who doesn't? Let's just go get ready so we can at least look like we're making an effort."

"Mhm. By the way, last night was the most peaceful sleep I've had in so fricking long, thank you." he smiles.

His dad.

I nod in response and try to pretend I don't know the reason.

Once I'm done changing and brushing my hair, l walk out of the bathroom to find Eli tying his shoes, his brown hair is now fixed and he looks ready to go.

"Ready? We gotta pick up Alex first by the way so you should start coming up with an excuse as to why you were so late from now." l sling my back bag over my shoulder.

He nods with a smile before grabbing his bag and following me out.

° ° ° °

"Sorry I'm late, sir." l apologize to Mr Robert, breathless from running all the way to this class.

"What good excuse do you have this time, miss Williams?" he asks.

"Missed my alarm." l mumble.

He sighs and tells me to just take a seat.

I was so caught up in getting myself out of a possible detention that l didn't even notice who was sitting next to my empty spot.

I was having an okay morning, why does he have to ruin everything.

I mentally groan and prepare myself for Ryder's sexual and rude remarks as l slide behind his chair and take a seat next to the window in my usual spot.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today."

l can practically see him smirking from the corner of my eyes.

"Cat got your tongue again?"

"If you're gonna piss someone off in attempt to attract them to you, at least don't use the same joke twice."

He doesn't say anything in response.

That's what I thought, motherfucker.

° ° ° °

Here's a short one, sorry I've been feeling extra down lately and i haven't had the energy to write but just give me a few days and I'll get back on track, sorry again

Here's a short one, sorry I've been feeling extra down lately and i haven't had the energy to write but just give me a few days and I'll get back on track, sorry again. Lots of love, thank you for still reading this story. 🖤🖤