47- Moonlight.

"Now that we're bleeding, broken and scarred. Thought we were finished, and yet here we are. Stuck in the same place despite what we overcame, sometimes don't it make you wonder, darling, when will it come to an end?"

Days Gone Quiet ~ Lewis Capaldi

° ° ° °

"Go ahead." l say.

"Firstly, you have to do everything l tell you to do as long as we're here, is that clear?"

"Sure." l nod "Asshole." l whisper under my breath.

"Secondly, you're absolutely not allowed to leave this house without my permission. I know you snuck out through the window this morning. No more of that."

How did he-

This man has sensors for every move l make.

"And lastly, if you need something, you tell me, not anyone else. Clear?" he asks.

"Uh yeah, sure. No problem." 

"Now go to sleep." he hops out of bed and turns the lights off.

° ° ° °

I woke up to the sound of an object hitting the ground with a loud thud.

Ryder probably knocked something over.

Almost immediately, the thoughts I've been running away from come to mind.

Christmas is only six days away now, Hunter will spend it alone.

I've called mom this evening through the safe house's home phone and apparently everything's going surprisingly well.

Just because you're always miserable doesn't mean everyone else is.

Ryder had previously told us that we're not allowed to make calls using our cellphones because they could track them down and know where we are. He had us all install and app that prevents them from being able to track our phones down but for some reason calling still wasn't allowed, only text via internet.

I don't think l can go to sleep with curiosity to find out about who the hell The Interfectores are so l grab my phone from my night stand and open google before typing the name in the search bar.

Immediately multiple articles pop up about them and the titles catch my attention.

Another murder scene in Michigan with The Interfectores behind it.

The most dangerous gang in the state.

A gang? A fucking gang??? Blair and Ace work for a gang??

How does Ace even work for a gang in Michigan he's only been here for like a week??

If Blair and ace work for a gang, does Ryder work for one too?

Besides, a damn gang? Don't these only exist in movies?

This is too much, I'm done dealing with Ryder's bullshit.

I hastily stumble out of bed and into the kitchen to get myself a glass of water.

I shiver as l take a blue plastic cup from the counter top and press it against the water dispenser, the house is a lot colder than the room.

I let the cup fill up and gulp it down in one sip.

Making my way back to the room, l stop when l spot the source of the freezing weather, the back door left ajar.

I thought all doors were supposed to be locked.

I know I'm not supposed to leave the house without Ryder's permission but it's not considered going out if I'm just checking right?

Curiosity gets the better of me and l carefully walk towards the door.

Stopping right in front of it, l peak my head out of the corner and look around.

Unlike the front door, the back door looks out on a few miles of grass before trees take over again.

That's when l spot him, illuminated by only the dim glow of the moon, sitting on the grass with his back pressed against the hard outside layer of the safe house, is Ryder.

° ° ° °

Y'all, group therapy just hit 10k

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Y'all, group therapy just hit 10k.

What is life..?

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that 10k people read my work. This is insane.

Sorry for the short chapter, the next one is in someone else's POV and it's going to reveal a lot about that person ;)

My exams start in 3 days and I'm telling you I'm not ready. I don't think I'll have much time to write but I'll try the best l can to keep you guys updated, school is eating me alive.

Thank you for sticking around. It means beyond everything to me. Seriously you have no idea, writing is the only thing that works out for me in my life and to see my work get this much support is beyond what l could put into words.

Thank you to all of you beautiful souls, you all deserve the world.

Edit: hey y'all, it's future me editing. Why tf do people read this shit? Y'all call this a book? You people need to realize your worth. Thank you regardless tho, I really appreciate it. But know your worth sis <3

Lots of love to all you beautiful people, Sera xxx 🖤🖤🖤