19 - Truth Or Dare?

The Broken Hearts Club ~ Gnash

° ° ° °

~The Next Day~

"How was your math test?" Alex asks as we walk out of the school building.

I don't answer and simply unfold the test paper in my hand that has a big red zero on it and hand it to him.

"l didn't get a single question right." l complain.

"lt's alright, you'll do better next time." he smiles folds the paper back up, attempting to cheer me up.

"Mom is going to kill me. I'm talking my taking phone away for god knows how long and cleaning the whole house until i move out kind of kill me." l whine as l stick the paper in my pocket.

"lt's just one zero, you probably won't even remember it by tomorrow."

"Just the word zero sends shivers down my spine."

"You're tutoring me in math next time." l tell Alex.

"Will that make you feel better?" he asks.

"Yes." l answer.

"Okay then, I'm in." he agrees.

Just then Mr Arrington pulls in the school's parking lot, in my car.

Oh shit l forgot about that.

I laugh and get in the back seat with Alex.

"Laynie l hope you don't mind, you forgot the keys on the counter top and somebody needed to pick this bad boy up." he says.

"Absolutely not, thank you, l completely forgot about it." l chuckle as we pull out of the drive way.

Half way through the ride l notice that we missed the left turn that takes us to Alex's house.

"Uhh Mr Arrington, you missed the turn." l mumble.

"Yeah, I'm driving to the park, aren't you guys supposed to meet your friends there?" he asks.

"Friends?"

"The kids from therapy" Alex answers.

Of course, l forgot about that too.

Knowing there's no way of getting out of it l just sigh and lean back in my seat,

I don't know if I'm okay with seeing ryder again after what happened yesterday, l hate to admit it but I'm not only scared of him, I'm terrified. It may not have been that violent if you think about it but it could've escalated quickly and I'm sure there's no way in hell will l ever be able to even try to fight him.

Alex and l sit silently in our seats for a few minutes until we arrive to the park.

"Alright guys have fun! I'll pick you up in exactly an hour and a half." Mr Arrington informes us as we step out of the car.

We exchange our goodbyes and he drives off leaving us standing alone in the middle of that park.

Alex starts leading me to wherever he agreed to meet with the others.

I look up at the sky for a second as we walk on the trimmed grass "l think it might rain."

Alex looks up and says "Yeah, the sky is a bit dark."

I shrug and we continue making our way to the other kids, the only sound heard being the dry leaves crunching under our feet.

Alex leads me to the bench where we meet Eli and Blair.