53 - Not The Physical Wound.

"As long as I'm here no one can hurt you. Don't want to lie here but you can learn to."

Everything l Wanted ~ Billie Eilish.

° ° ° °

We pull away from the embrace to find everyone looking at us in awe.

"what?" l feel a blush creep up on my face

"l feel so single." eli whispers to alex while chase gives ryder a thumbs us.

"shut up." ryder tells chase in a warning tone

"it's getting cold out here, we should probably go back inside." l suggest trying to change the subject and they all agree.

"let's all watch something." eli suggests.

"Actually, l have a better idea. Why don't we all play a game?" l ask

"Sure" chase agrees, settling down on the couch along with the others.

Alex sits on my left side, ryder on my right, chase next to him and eli next to chase.

"I'll start!" says eli

"And I'll turn on the fire place." ryder mumbles and crouches down in front of the fire place to turn it on.

"Okay, truth or dare laynie?" eli asks with a devilish smirk playing on his lips

Oh god no, l should've never suggested this after the kiss ryder and l shared.

There's no way I'm setting myself up for an embarrassing question like 'do you like ryder?' or 'did you enjoy the kiss?' or whatever so l guess I'm going to have to go with dare.

"dare." l give eli a look, warning him to not make me do anything crazy.

"l dare you to kiss chase."

"what?! No of course not, hell no." l immediately respond, noticing ryder looking at chase in a look that l can't quite read.

"eli you need to calm down, we wouldn't wanna ruin an upcoming relationship now would we?" he winks at me and l blush, shoving him to the side.

"No no it doesn't work that way, you have to do it."

"Eli come on! No." l cross my arms and look at alex with a pleading look in my eyes, he raises his hands up in mock surrender giving me a 'there's nothing l can do about it' look. I shoot him a death glare in response.

"you have to!"

"alright, fine." l sigh in defeat and mentally prepare myself for whatever comes after it.

Chase gives me a confused look as if he's surprised l actually agreed but l ignore it and give him a quick peck on his cheek.

"there, l did it." l say, leaning back into the couch.

I could almost swear l saw a look of relief in ryders eyes before the fire lit up and he sat back down between chase and l.

"not what l meant but I'll let it pass this time." eli shrugs "chase, your turn."

° ° ° °

Night rolls around pretty fast and soon enough we're all tucked in bed, or in chase's case, the couch. Poor guy.

My mind quickly wanders off to everything that's been going on.

Ryder kissed me.