Victim

Chapter 79

Claire

"The black one or the white one?" I asked holding up two dresses in front of the bed. Tristan was stretched on the bed freshly showered in a pair of sweatpants.

Today was I was giving my statement I was ready...but still nervous. "Either, do the light blue one".

I looked back to the closet dropping both dresses and pulled out the simple pastel blue woven wrap dress featuring a surplice neckline, short sleeves, self-tie closure at the waist, and a knee-length hem. I slipped the dress on and looking back to Tristan I spoke,"Why blue?"

"Colors have meaning. Subconsciously, blue is usually associated with knowledge and serenity. It has always been the symbol of truth and purity. Loyalty, compassion, connotes serenity. All things Owens has to think you are. Leave your hair down it'll appears more "normal" and less dominant, and therefore more appealing to most men. No jewelry, no heels, no make-up". I held up my wedding finger as I put on a basic black pair of flats,"That's fine".

"Will you be watching?"

"I'll see the video, but I'll be in the field today", Tristan sat up,"You'll be fine. Just remember you are the victim".

I nodded in agreeance,"I'll be fine".

We both finished dressing and a half hour later we were driving to the police. My heartbeat is steady like a drummer, keeping rhythm, keeping beat. The silver hues were as molten silver, swirling in steady and radiating ripples. I love the sky before a storm; I love the greys of every shade and depth. I could swim in the atmosphere so subtly electric, alive with an excitement for what is to come. Tristan pulled up to the red brick building,"Owens is a idiot. Play on his emotions". Tristan kissed my cheek,"I'll send a car to pick you".

"Fancy", I smiled putting on my cross body black purse. "I'll see you tonight?"

"With dinner", Tristan got out of the car, throwing his backpack and came to open my door. He offered me his hand and I took it. Hand in hand we walked inside the building. As we walked down the busy hallway everything felt like it was in slow motion. My heart wasn't beating with nervousness anymore when Tristan was at my side. I was strong, empowered and bold.

At the end of the hallway I can see officer Owens chatting with another police officer. He was dressed semi-casually in long blue jean pants but a white button down shirt. "Good Morning", I smiled.

Detective Owens turned around and seemed almost surprised by Tristan's presence,"Mornin".

Tristan said nothing so I tried to make polite conversation,"Hope we're in the right place".

"Exactly", Detective Owens turn around briefly and ended his conversation with the police officer. He turned back around and let us a little further down the hallway until we stood in front of a gray door,"Right this way".

" I'll leave you to it", Tristan rafely kiss my cheek and before pulling away he whispered in my ear,"You are the sweetest victim".

We locked eyes for a brief moment before I entered the interrogation room. I was on my own now. And it was more ready than ever.

Tristan

As soon as the door was shut behind Claire I made a mad rush to the lab upstairs. I wasn't going out in the field today I sent Stephanie instead. I was going to be in on this interview no matter what. I just didn't want to put extra pressure on Claire. She was more than capable, but I needed to know exactly what was going on in that room. Luckily for me, it should be nothing to get into the security cameras and see exactly what's going on. I would tell Claire once the interview was over.