74-21-20-12-93-01-08

Chapter 34

Claire

I watched as Tristan disappeared into my bedroom.

"What a catch?" Nina stated as I turned around to face her.

"He's shy", I explained walking over to the kitchen table and sitting down to fill my plate full of rangoon, egg foo young and plain fried rice.

"There's a difference between being shy and completely antisocial", Nina said coming to sit down next to me," I mean what does a normal day look like for you two?"

We had it made it to completely normal yet but we were just like any other couple,"Come on give Tristan a chance. I met some of your ex-boyfriends and not all of them started off like Prince Charming. Remember the Christian guy who wanted you to spank him in the nun outfit? Or the artist guy who wanted you to fuck him with the giant strap on?"

"Don't remind me", she said with a roll of her eyes. "I'll just stick to unsolicited dick pics and my Hitachi wand. Just worried about you. I mean I couldn't imagine how I would be feeling if my serious relationship of over two and a half years just ended. You know I'm supportive of whatever it takes to make you feel better. I just don't think jumping into a new relationship immediately is the best thing", she poured herself a glass of red wine.

"Believe me it is", on every level it is," I'm sorry Jordan got you excited about a wedding that's never going to happen. It's just, Tristan has been so supportive and helpful in ways Jordan was never going to be", I mean just sitting in my kitchen I could tell he spent a small fortune updating the place. New tile floors, updated light fixtures, a gourmet stove I could even see he got someone to finish the barbecue pit I could never get Jordan to do. And Tristan did all this out of the kindness of his heart. I didn't have to ask or beg he just wanted to do it because he knew I wanted it.

"I've always just gotten a vibe from him. Like something not completely right?" Well, at least Nina had good instincts.

"Can I tell you something? Something that has to stay between us", I wanted Nina and Tristan to get along. Nina was only see one third of Tristan.

She paused mid slip now finally taking me seriously,"Of course".

Now I need to tell her something so convincing she would ease up on Tristan," I'm not proud of this and...."

What the hell?

"Yeah?" I stood up and walked over to my window plant,"Claire?"

What the hell is this?

I picked up a sliver coin battery.

Tristan...

It was so tiny I couldn't tell if it was a camera or some kind of listening device.

I threw the toy in the the garbage disposal and flipped it on,"Claire?" Nina said worried.

"Yeah, uumm, sorry. I just, Nevermind", how many more of those things were just floating around.

Something to do torworrow.

"You know you can tell me anything", I knew that. But, this was lie.

I turned around and leaned against the sink," Jordan wasn't a good guy".

"What? How?"

"He..." I'll use the same lie I used on parents,"He...he..liked..to abuse..me".

"What?" Nina said jumping up with murder in her eyes. "Since when? Why didn't you...Are you okay?"