William Greyson

Chapter 19

Tristan

Claire screamed not in pleasure and she jumped off of the counter to stand behind me. I quickly situated myself trying to calm down as I made eye contact with my father. "Father, I see you've talked to Noah".

"Yes, and the rumors are true. Who's your friend", he asked walking over to us. I didn't need to look at Claire to know she was mortified and embarrassed.

"Claire, this is William Grayson, my father. Father this is Claire Greene", I have never seen my father ruffled, and today is no exception. His voice was always a husky drawl and every step he takes is in slow motion compared to almost anyone else I know. His idea of hurrying is to bend his head downward a little as he saunters, the pace of his footfalls not changing one iota. His face had the same structure as my own, high cheekbones and symmetrical. He had the same deep brown eyes and tanned skin. He was still slender despite his years, toned and not at all stooped. Good news for me there I guess. Around his eyes were laughter lines in just the right amount. He was dressed in tan cargo shorts and a white button-down T-shirt with flip flops. Clearly, Noah had told him I was hanging out alone and my dad felt the need to come keep me company.

"Nice to meet you", Claire stated. "Not to be rude, but I am going to go put on some clothes and let you two talk", she said making a mad dash for the bedroom.

And with a slam of her door I was left alone with my father,"She's cute".

Fuck off.

"Beautiful", I corrected.

"A local?"

"From Dripping Springs, born and raised", I stated.

"The last names not familiar. So is this a new thing or just---"

" I'm not Noah. I don't put my dick in just anything. I've known Claire since we moved to Dripping Springs. We went to grade school together, Middle School, high school and college. And I'm finally ready to..." wait a second, if I tell him we just started this relationship my parents would surely try and end it. But if I say we just eloped. They have no choice but to accept her,"Marry her".

"Tristan, that's a big step, buddy. And you didn't talk to anybody---"

"To late, it's already done. And please don't talk to me like I'm special needs. Claire's not like Noah's wife, she's not with me for the money. Or any of those other whores Noah likes", if she was it would make things much easier.

My father came and sat down at the kitchen island looking like I just took the next 30 Years from him,"So she did sign a prenup? I wish you had told us you were dating. Hell even getting married. We could have got you a lawyer and---"

"It's all taken care of. And before you ask no she's not pregnant. Or a gold digger", I said cutting him off.

"Did you at least do a background check?" years of watching her told me everything I needed to know. A background check wasn't going to give me any new insight in Claire.

So in a way,"Yes".

"Good", he said pulling a rag out of his pocket and blowing his nose,"Hay fever. Your mother is flying in this after noon. Can you spare a moment form your lovely bride and have dinner with us? "

"What did Noah tell you? What was I suicidal? In a deep depression? Locked away from the world?"

"He may have said some triggering words to your mother and I, but you know he means well. Its never been easy to know what exactly is going on in your mind. And your brother just say some new and odd behavior", my father explained.