Day 1- Lakeway

Chapter 9

I when to bed frustrated and woke up just as frustrated. I spent most of the night tossing and turning. Because I shouldn't care about Tristan. I should be more worried about the fact that I seem to attract dangerous assholes. 11 days, I could wait this out and then hopefully Tristan would keep his word and I would never have to think about him again. He would find some other girl to stalk.

And I was it's going to have to take a serious look at myself and see what exactly led me down this path. I was a good person, I deserved to have a good person love me.

Knock knock knock

"Good morning", Tristan called out. "Breakfast is ready, if your hungry".

"Morning", I shouted back. "I'll be out in a minute".

It's just eleven days. Eleven days and I can leave.

I rolled out of bed and headed in to my bathroom I quickly brush my hair and teeth and throw on a long black silk robe. I made my way into the kitchen and found my favorites laid out: blueberry waffles, bacon, pecan rolls and orange juice,"Seems a bit unhealthy", I said sitting a cross from Tristan. He dressed for the day in a white button down short sleeve shirt and khaki cargo pants.

"Your still upset about last night?" Tristan said mid bit.

"No", I said filling my cup up with orange juice,"Nothing, to be mad about".

"That's a lie, but I'll take you talking to me as tolerance", so he can read social cues and understands sarcasm. I put a waffle on my plate and began to eat,"How would you feel about heading over to the main? Athens is beautiful this season. And for dinner we could go to the Tutors Hall it has a view of the Acropolis and world class cocktails", he said as if he was reading a script.

"Do you honestly want to do those things or are you just trying to do things that you think I like?" I questioned.

"God no, if wanted to spend a day shopping and drinking I could call Katie and spend the day with her", he stated.

"What do you do for fun?"

"Planning", He said.

"For? Don't answer that", I quickly clarify. "What do you do for fun outside of your hobby? Anything... maybe a stamp collection? Hookers and blow? Fixing roofs for churches? Weed?"

"Watching you, watching Doctor Who", he said putting down his pecan roll.

"Say something normal. Fucking, smoking crack out of a hooker's ass hole. My bar is on the floor. Anything!" I yelled. He remained quiet,"Do you watch TV? YouTube? Movies?"

"I like to read?" He said uncomfortable. I was determined to find something normal about this guy. If I had to spend eleven days on this island we were going to spend it like two normal people.

"Thank you, what do you like to read?"

"Mysteries", he stated.

"Great, what is the latest book you've read?"

"Paper Towns", he stated.

"Me too", I said excited. See we were finally finding normal common...wait a second,"Why?"

"Because that fat Jewish girl in your class gave it to read over the summer. I had never seen such outrage until you said you had never read the book or heard of it".

"Michaela, is her name and girls that age already have a hundred and one different problems. Did you really need to call her that fat Jewish kid?" I asked not liking how he could easily tear down a child.